Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

looking for friends in Wellington!!

looking for friends in Wellington!!

Old Jan 15th 2011, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice
Default Re: looking for friends in Wellington!!

Ah ok looks cool! I'll come over with my bro I think, is this near the ferry port as I'll be getting the ferry from eastbourne?
Originally Posted by cleverchap
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Not very far to walk, and a nice walk along the water front as well

Last edited by cleverchap; Jan 15th 2011 at 7:49 am.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Next Saturday as in 22nd, NOT this Saturday

Is that OK with everyone else?
sounds like a plan.. me and Helen will be coming along.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
Hi! How are you finding it? I've been here just 10days, so still kinda in holiday mode really, I don't start work for another 2 weeks either, which is ace! Altho I am getting abit bored, no not bored that's the wrong word. Just suffering abit of social isolation! I find myself wondering the street with the dog looking for strangers to chat with a hahaha, fortunately everyones really nice so they don't seem to mind!
Its been ok - a lot tougher than i thought
But gradually getting to know a few more people. Just wierd not having a strong network of friends

But i guess that takes time

More thoughts here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696560
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

What time are you meeting up? We might be able to come
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:14 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
What time are you meeting up? We might be able to come
8pm
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by JohnThePom
8pm
8pm in which bar? Is it called public? Let go somewhere cheap that holds karaoke!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Kezzar is an unknown quantity at this point

8pm tonight @ PUBLIC, http://www.wellingtonnz.com/bars_restaurants/public

Looks like a great bar. I hope we'll find each other

My name is Kerry (I'm quite short with long blondish hair) and I'll be there around 8pm (might be slightly late) with my husband Hugh (he'll be the one with the Scottish accent)

We look forward to meeting you all

See you later!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Nice to meet some of you last night. It was a good night but who's idea was it to stay out drinking until 3am
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Sorry I couldn't make it guys!!
Last minute camping trip took place, don't worry though It rained all weekend we got soaked!!
Not to self- always go with expats!
Nice to meet some of you last night. It was a good night but who's idea was it to stay out drinking until 3am
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
Sorry I couldn't make it guys!!
Last minute camping trip took place, don't worry though It rained all weekend we got soaked!!
Not to self- always go with expats!
Hi Shazmoo, I thought I hadn't met you Saturday. Sorry your camping trip wasn't much fun. Hopefully we'll meet up next time
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

GREAT to meet you all. It was good to talk to some of you about your experiences, all very positive.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Teresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really niceTeresa Green is just really nice

Hi

I hope you all had a great time. We have recently moved to the Wellington area (Kapiti) and still settling in. Still adjusting to the Wellington weather after three years in sunny Auckland!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teresa Green
Hi

I hope you all had a great time. We have recently moved to the Wellington area (Kapiti) and still settling in. Still adjusting to the Wellington weather after three years in sunny Auckland!
Welcome to our wee NZ forum Teresa Green . Certainly been very hot here in Gulf Harbour of late. Try not to adjust to that Welly weather too much, us lot are laying bets on you coming back up here

PS. V. sorry i haven't emailed you the photo yet but can't find one of you strangling Darth Vader but have got one of him strangling you

PPS. Apologies to OP for hijacking this thread.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Teresa Green
Hi

Hi,
How are you finding Wellington, albeit on Kapiti coast?
We have been in Wellington around 6 months, however soon to be moving to Auckland due to wife's job (or lack of job in Wellington).

I would happily stay in Wellington, really friendly and everything in one place.
i wil miss the bars and coffee shops, and walking to work!

Where did you stay in Auckland, any recommendations for areas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.