Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Live Concerts in NZ

Live Concerts in NZ

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:15 am
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Live Concerts in NZ

So do the big groups make the journey to NZ, I read that Split Enz are or did a gig but apart from that who else in the past 12 months have played. This is mainly for my 13 year old as her music is very important to her. Hope to see Hayley Westenra one day so what better place too.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:49 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Live Concerts in NZ

Yeah, with the strong Kiwi dollar there are more of the "big" groups that play here.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

if you are in Auckland there is the Vector arena and last week had Justin Timberlake also Snowpatrol gwen stefani also in Jan is the big day out which last year had the killers.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:48 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We've been here since April and there has been JT, The Red Hot Chillis, Gwen Stefani and some more I can't think of yet!!

We still have Elton John, Lionel Ritchie, The Police and Bon Jovi due here before the end of January

This might be useful
http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/whatson...w-zealand.html
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

My Chemical Romance are playing at the Vector Arena in Auckland this week, my 16 yr old is going. She also had a great time at Big Day Out in January.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:11 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CCGM.IN.NZ
My Chemical Romance are playing at the Vector Arena in Auckland this week, my 16 yr old is going. She also had a great time at Big Day Out in January.

:curse: my daughter will be gutted that she will miss this gig
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:12 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

The big name pop acts definitely do go to Auckland, though admittedly not as many as to say, Sydney. However, a lot of moderately big named acts also do kinda boutique tours around some of the provinces. Hence people like Jack Johnson going to (I think) Napier, New Plymouth and Christchurch - ok Christchurch is a bit bigger…. There are a few wineyard tours too which work well. Christchurch has some big concerts as well.

Wellington doesn’t have as many – one reason being, among many reasons (venue included) is that it does not have an airport capable of landing a laden 747 or equivalent. Therefore, any acts, or at least their stuff, ends up going through Auckland or Christchurch. Or something like that. All I know is that I would have liked the Chillis to come to wellington

Go to www.eventfinder.co.nz
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:03 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Maz1 and me went to see Lionel Ritchie at the Westpac Arena in Christchurch last week. Was a great night for us old fogies that appreciate the 80's..
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Maz1 and me went to see Lionel Ritchie at the Westpac Arena in Christchurch last week. Was a great night for us old fogies that appreciate the 80's..
Hey you less of the old. Good night though.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Linkin Park were here in October

We went to see Hoobastank in January at small venue called the studio on K road..that was awesome

Foo fighters are here in May 5th at vector arena
Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:12 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I would kill (well maybe not ) to see RHCP!!! They rule!

Also Jack Johnson.

Maybe I just have a thing about bands from California.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wimpy
:curse: my daughter will be gutted that she will miss this gig
Another MCR fan . She prob wont want to hear this then. My daughter got to meet them at big day out. Stood in line for ages at the signing tent, quick hello and a few autographs and she was thrilled to bits She has got more into the local music scene since being here, as I'm sure your daughter will, then maybe she will get the chance to see them play live as I would imagine they do the smaller gigs. Seems that the big internationals do one or two dates in Auckland only.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all

Interpol play in Auckland in February. Brilliant band -but I'm prejudice - it's my nieces boyfriends band.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Since coming to NZ in 2003, I have seen Robbie Williams, Duran Duran, Judge Jules and The Cure. The OH is more of a muso than me and has seen Linkin Park, Evanessence and plenty of home grown bands such as The Bleeders.

The Rolling Stones were here too, as well as The Police, the dude from Pink Floyd... name escapes me...

Had tickets to see The Prodigy, but they cancelled at the last minute.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Not sure about who plays in NZ as not over there yet but saw Hayley Westenra in little Langholm in Scotland a few months ago. She was wonderful - incredibly beautiful voice which sent a chill down my spine! She tells some funny stoires too. Go see her if you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.