Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Leaving on Sunday.. any tips?

Leaving on Sunday.. any tips?

Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

The-Icon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving on Sunday.. any tips?

So, leaving on Sunday, i arrive on Tuesday.

driving from Auckland to Napier (if they allow me without my paper bit. which am still worried about :\)

going to take a stop off on Friday night along the route, would you suggest anywhere? anything you thing a young tourist like me would like to see while I'm there?

sorry for the questions and randomness of it, a little excited and just want to make the most of it

also, can someone clear this up. am on the A380 from Dubai to NZ.. do they have plug sockets, and if so, what type? some people say its the Aus sockets, some say its the UK 3 Pin one, and some even say its the American 2 pin if at all they do have power sockets on board.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving on Sunday.. any tips?

Originally Posted by The-Icon
So, leaving on Sunday, i arrive on Tuesday.

driving from Auckland to Napier (if they allow me without my paper bit. which am still worried about :\)

going to take a stop off on Friday night along the route, would you suggest anywhere? anything you thing a young tourist like me would like to see while I'm there?

sorry for the questions and randomness of it, a little excited and just want to make the most of it

also, can someone clear this up. am on the A380 from Dubai to NZ.. do they have plug sockets, and if so, what type? some people say its the Aus sockets, some say its the UK 3 Pin one, and some even say its the American 2 pin if at all they do have power sockets on board.
http://www.seatguru.com/articles/in-...ptop_power.php

If you go on this link it tells you all about in seat power. I am taking my laptop on the Singapore A380 as they have power in every seat. You to however need a universal adapter to plug in the laptop. There is also USB ports for charging ipods. The above link also will tell you about your choice of seat on the particular airline, just find the links. Hope that helps. I guess you are flying Emirates then. Have a safe trip and enjoy
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I dunno about all that stuff. I haven't even got a cell phone .

Just wanted to say Safe journey and Happy Landings .
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
I dunno about all that stuff. I haven't even got a cell phone .

Just wanted to say Safe journey and Happy Landings .
haha thank you

i just called Emirates as i was getting stressed out, they said all seats have power sockets. but couldn't tell me what style of adapter i would need :\

do they sell these adapters on the plane?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

haha thank you

i just called Emirates as i was getting stressed out, they said all seats have power sockets. but couldn't tell me what style of adapter i would need :\

do they sell these adapters on the plane?
I doubt it, you would need a universal adapter from your local electrical outlet. Just tell them what it is for, they shoud be able to point you in the right direction. I think there may be a picture of them on the website, maybe download it and take the picture with you.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thank You for your help,

dont suppose you have any advice on the other part of my posts? about the stop over between Auckland & Napier etc??
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:31 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You for your help,

dont suppose you have any advice on the other part of my posts? about the stop over between Auckland & Napier etc??
I think you could stop around my part, Tauranga/Mount Maunganui, the Mount being somewhat more scenic! Or go on a bit further and stop in Taupo where there's heaps to do? Tauranga is about just under 3 hours from Auckland and then Napier about another 4. Taupo is about another 2 hours from Tauranga if that helps?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

rogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if this helps, but AirNZ in business class have multi-sockets (able to take, UK,US & NZ plugs) plus a USB port for power and a socket for plugging in your iPod (needs their cable).

Suggest you pick up a multi-adapter before you fly if you want to be sure.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

When we took a road trip from Auckland to Napier we stopped in Rotorua. We loved it so much we have been back twice since! There are heaps of fun things to do http://www.rotoruanz.com/
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

Guessing that since you are stopping off on Friday night that you will be in AK for day or so. Hope so. People often underestimate how tired they will be after the flight and set off straight from the airport.
Happy landings
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the journey..
Old Apr 15th 2011, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dorrick
Guessing that since you are stopping off on Friday night that you will be in AK for day or so. Hope so. People often underestimate how tired they will be after the flight and set off straight from the airport.
Happy landings
Yeah, i thought, after close to 28 hours of flying i thought i should just take a rest, so i have 3 nights in Auckland City to get used to it, before i drive on. is the city close to the airport?

thanks for the best wishes, and i am checking out Rotorua now, is that like a half way point?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 9:41 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

If you get to Taupo, we can put you up.
(+64)210740395. Oh, and I'm aware of the dangers of giving my number on the internet, thanks for the tellings off!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

that is very very kind of you. i have saved your number and i shall let you know actually as i was advised to stop off in Taupo as its only a hour and half from Napier?
Old Apr 16th 2011, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

Just quick thought - traffic will be very heavy going south (and north) from AK on Friday of easter week-end - or you could be lucky and they will all leave Thursday night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.