Leaving Party

Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all
Unhappy Leaving Party

Tonight is our leaving party, We are flying out next week and can't wait. Mrs Welsh is worried that it will all be tears and sadness where as i am up for the pee up with all our friends and family.
Now then My father in law was going to organise the party for us but we said we weren't having one as we didn't have time and had more important things to sort out... So our friends have organised a party without us knowing till yesterday, they have the room in the hotel the buffet bar the lot. Now my Father in law won't speak to us as he thinks we have organised the party ourselves behind his back ..He has said he wont be coming tonight as he cant drive in the dark (30 miles away).
I feel for Mrs wales (who is out doing retail therapy) but as I explained to her We will be in a room with people that really want to be there and if they don't want to say bye then it's their problem...

Is this to harsh or should i phone f i law and speak nicely for my wifes sake...
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all
Default Re: Leaving Party

Oh It starts at 7 and you are all invited.....
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Oooh, tough call to make. If it was my FIL I wouldn't bother but that's another story . But as you said Mrs Wales may be rather upset by him not coming so it may be better to offer the olive branch (even thought it wasn't your fault) so that you all have a clear conscience when you fly next week.

Can't make it personally but I will have a few wet ones at home for you .

Enjoy your last few days before you start your new life.

Last edited by suzi n steve; Apr 12th 2008 at 2:01 pm. Reason: Can't seem to spell.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Have a great party and good luck for the journey next week. All the best for your future lives in New Zealand.
Steve and Dee.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshwales
Is this to harsh or should i phone f i law and speak nicely for my wifes sake...
It may be too late now but trust me...if you don't make peace before you go, it will make settling in NZ much harder for your wife.
A nicely-worded letter sometimes does the trick in smoothing ruffled feathers...can't you take just the immediate parents out for a quiet meal instead before you go?

You shouldn't underestimate how hard saying goodbye probably is for your father-in-law to his daughter..just my guess.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:24 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Sod him. If he wants to behave like a kid,treat him like one.
My family think Danny.F is fantastic-such a generous and funny fella
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
vCan't help thinking you've been a little harsh there,Ted. But thanks for the compliment.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of cars these days have these kind of powerful things at the front of the car,just above the bumper,called lights,which illuminate all sorts of stuff so you don't run in to stuff.

Sorry. Still drunk. And my name is Ted. Ted Logon
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight is our leaving party, We are flying out next week and can't wait. Mrs Welsh is worried that it will all be tears and sadness where as i am up for the pee up with all our friends and family.
Now then My father in law was going to organise the party for us but we said we weren't having one as we didn't have time and had more important things to sort out... So our friends have organised a party without us knowing till yesterday, they have the room in the hotel the buffet bar the lot. Now my Father in law won't speak to us as he thinks we have organised the party ourselves behind his back ..He has said he wont be coming tonight as he cant drive in the dark (30 miles away).
I feel for Mrs wales (who is out doing retail therapy) but as I explained to her We will be in a room with people that really want to be there and if they don't want to say bye then it's their problem...

Life's way too short. Call him, soon you will be far away and possibly have lost the chane of 'kissing and making up'. I am a great believer in swallowing pride and forgivness...its good karma. Call him and try to get him over. For you, for your wife and for him. If you didn't you might regret it. atleast you will have made the effort and you can get on with your life knowing you did the 'right thing' Best of luck in your new life, hope alls well. Enjoy the party.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:03 am
Just Joined

rugbydragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Welsh,

We also did the Wales - Tauranga route - two years ago now, and haven't looked back.

If you need any help or anything when you get here, don't hesitate to drop me a message.

Pob lwc,

Pete.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Have they met him?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

You've gotta phone him for the wife's sake or settling in NZ will be tough... but for your party enjoy yourself and sorry we couldn't be there, taxi's are a bit hard to get for that distance...
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

I am an only child and my Mum went through the whole spectrum of emotions. Its rather like a bereavement process.She was initially shocked and refused to talk about it, then she was crossed ans towards us leaving she tried everything to make me feel guilty about leaving. You have to be really thick skinned!! To be fair she was fine at our leaving party 18 months ago although she was in shock. It was her evil sister who went around telling everyone that I was a heartless individual.Mum has now been out here twice and stayed for 3 and 1/2 months last time.Its hard as she travels alone and is wheelchair assist.She was really nasty at one point saying she didn't know how I could do such a selfish thing to her. I had so much grief from her that I didn't know if I would even cry when I left (but I did). Your FIL will come round in his own time, just be patient and try to keep an even positive approach. In many ways although miles apart Mum and I are closer than ever as I don't get that daily phone conversation with nothing to say!!

Good luck to you and just think what a fab holiday destination for our parents eh!!!!