leaving party

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of
Default Re: leaving party

did you guys have any luck with the nmc, see you are working nights again, i've only 5 more to go.
wendy
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by danny.f
Gonna do that with the camera thing,tis a great idea.
We've booked our party for 11/11,and our EOI hasn't even gone in yet cos the Uni keeps farting up with our paperwork. Being nurses we were hoping Novem might still be ok,but starting to fret now. Do you think we should put it back a bit? Also finishing jobs end of Oct,does anyone think that might need reviewing as well?
I'm impressed with you booking your party and leaving work end of Oct. Me = more cautious, we were successful with EOI, I have job to go to in NZ (hopefully to start in Oct), OH will find one when we get out there; only waiting on medicals (11th sept then 10-14 days for blood test results to come back) and police checks to come back (20-40 days!!!!!!), so looking like end of Sept before will submit final application. Then not sure how long approval will take????

Anyone know timescales from there? - have case officer - as read on thread may give her a call for estimated timescale.

So was waiting to get visa before handing in notice, as being cautious didn't want to end up with no job in UK and no visa??? is this likely? fed up at work and would love to hand notice in on Monday....
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by daviesl
I'm impressed with you booking your party and leaving work end of Oct. Me = more cautious, we were successful with EOI, I have job to go to in NZ (hopefully to start in Oct), OH will find one when we get out there; only waiting on medicals (11th sept then 10-14 days for blood test results to come back) and police checks to come back (20-40 days!!!!!!), so looking like end of Sept before will submit final application. Then not sure how long approval will take????

Anyone know timescales from there? - have case officer - as read on thread may give her a call for estimated timescale.

So was waiting to get visa before handing in notice, as being cautious didn't want to end up with no job in UK and no visa??? is this likely? fed up at work and would love to hand notice in on Monday....

Afternoon, Adie handed his notice in last month and we're not going till Feb. He booked on with some agencies and looks like he'll have work right up until we leave. He too got p****d off with work but he's much happier now. Not sure you would want to do this as your time span a lot shorter.

Jac
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spackster
Afternoon, Adie handed his notice in last month and we're not going till Feb. He booked on with some agencies and looks like he'll have work right up until we leave. He too got p****d off with work but he's much happier now. Not sure you would want to do this as your time span a lot shorter.

Jac
Thanks Jac, the only thing is I also need to consider working my notice period into the equation aswell..Arrrrhhh!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Thanks Jac, the only thing is I also need to consider working my notice period into the equation aswell..Arrrrhhh!
Things are never easy.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 6:20 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

We have handed in notice without visa - it's very very stressful, I would seriously suggest you don't do it! I mentioned in another post that we are now just waiting for our daughter to get the all clear on medical grounds. I spend every day waiting for confirmation, everything else is organised, just need the visa! We could end up homeless, no jobs, hardly any furniture and no Visa, so don't put youself through that if you can avoid it.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brackley
did you guys have any luck with the nmc, see you are working nights again, i've only 5 more to go.
wendy
Hi Wendy,
spoke to the NMC and they can get our training regulations out within 12 days which the NCNZ have said they will accept. The uni e mailed us yesterday to say they have tracked down our paper records but can't access then until someone else comes back off holiday on the 1th September. It doesn't make much difference to us know but I can't believe that everything stops for 1 person! Thanks for the advice as you have saved us some time, the drinks are on me in the Kiwi bar
Donna
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about

Hi
We had our leaving party at our local rugby club with friends and family which was awsome, but all went so quickly. Would recommend setting up a video camera to capture the moment. One of our friends filmed messages from different groups of people without us knowing and then sent this to us about 3 months after we had emigrated. It gave us an amazing boost and fantastic memories.

Rich
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

thought they would be able to help. 5 more shifts to go, hurry up 20th sept. look forward to the drinks!!!!!!!!!!
wendy
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

donna good flight deals, phone andy frostick flightcentre, 02088768400.
wendy