Last minute panic

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last minute panic

Its been very stressful getting closer and closer to departure day but my panic is about my car. I had a buyer lined up who changed their mind at the last minute. Today I went to the dealer who sold me the car 10 months ago for £9000 and he offered to buy it back for £5000. I can't afford a £4000 depreciation in less than 1 year.

Can anybody offer any last minute solutions as I leave on Friday evening!!!!

Should I take the £5000 on offer and bite the bullet?

Is it worth thinking about waiting till March when I would have owned it for 12 months and get my daughter to organise shipping it across to me?

Should I let my 18 year old daughter, who only passed her driving test yesterday, keep the car for herself?

BTW its a 4 year old Honda Jazz with only 16000 miles on clock.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:27 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last minute panic

can't your daughter sell it for you?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Would you let an 18 year old, with no experience of cars, sell yours? She would probably take any amount for the car and spend it!!!!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:46 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Would you let an 18 year old, with no experience of cars, sell yours? She would probably take any amount for the car and spend it!!!!!

You could try ebay, sold my car on there, put a 5 grand reserve, if you get more then bonus, if not take the dealer offer. I sold my car on e-bay, worked out ok for me.

Adie
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

Hi there

We used the following company :

www.wewillbuyyourcar.com

They were great. You put your car details in and get a price on line. Someone comes out to check it and the money is put in your bank account (internet banking a necessity) before they leave with your motor. We only got a couple of hundred quid less than what we could have sold it privately for and sold it when we wanted to. Only downside was there is no phone number for them but they appeared professional and reputable.

Mark
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last minute panic

Try several other garages and then take the best offer............
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:48 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We sold ours on Ebay, two PT Cruisers and a Nissan Nivara. Put it on a short listing and see what happens. Don't accept a banker's draft though. We were warned not to as they can be dodgy ie forged. We gave a choice to buyers on cash on collection or cleared funds in bank before pick up.

Do you have time to trawl round other garages to see what price they'd give?
Stick a sign in the car advertising it anyway - you never know it might catch someone's eye.

I wouldn't recommend shipping it over at such short notice. You have to get it steam cleaned inside and out etc, don't know what paperwork you need prepared but just sounds like extra time, hassle and expense you could do without.

Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:55 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
We sold ours on Ebay, two PT Cruisers and a Nissan Nivara. Put it on a short listing and see what happens. Don't accept a banker's draft though. We were warned not to as they can be dodgy ie forged. We gave a choice to buyers on cash on collection or cleared funds in bank before pick up.

Do you have time to trawl round other garages to see what price they'd give?
Stick a sign in the car advertising it anyway - you never know it might catch someone's eye.

I wouldn't recommend shipping it over at such short notice. You have to get it steam cleaned inside and out etc, don't know what paperwork you need prepared but just sounds like extra time, hassle and expense you could do without.

Good luck
We took ours to an auction and set a low reserve. They called us on the day we left and said it had sold and posted a cheque to my mum for us.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys. Time just ran out so I had a long chat with my daughter about responsibility and have insured her on the car till March (renewal) to give her a bit of driving practise and hopefully with the help of her boyfriend's dad, time to sell it. I can't just give her the car cos that wouldn't be fair to my other daughter.

Last edited by cappuccino; Jan 31st 2008 at 5:26 pm. Reason: spelling