Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Landed on 42nd Street!!!

Landed on 42nd Street!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of
Default Landed on 42nd Street!!!

LANDED!! Slightly freaked out to be living a few blocks from the busiest junctions in NY. We're on 42nd St 2 blocks from Times Square.

I got background checked AGAIN! at Immigration (happened in 2003 and 2007), Car service was late picking us up at JFK and keys for Apt weren't with the concierge...but who cares! We're here!

Went to Duane Reads to get munchies and am chilling on couch with beer!!! All very surreal but loving it non the less.

For those that asked in the other thread in Imm/Visas, White forms were on the plane.

Talk to you all soon.
Daz
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:39 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed on 42nd Street!!!

Congrats!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful of how you cross the street there. There's never a crossing when you need one, and you have to be an Olympic sprinter when you do find one.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the other side...just in time to catch the crazy elections live then
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to your new home!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the city. Nice day to be here today. Weather is perfect for a walk about the city.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:54 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

now starts the craziness
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

are you living there permanently or is that just temporary housing? My advice: move downtown asap. Midtown is awful.

Its a weird feeling isnt it? I've been here 7 months and it still doesnt feel normal.

Last edited by pejpm1; Nov 4th 2008 at 4:34 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete
Welcome to the city. Nice day to be here today. Weather is perfect for a walk about the city.
Indeed had a sit in Bryant park for a while, took a walk up 5th Ave, looked at getting the Mrs a cell phone but wasn't sure what to buy/pay.

Originally Posted by pejpm1
are you living there permanently or is that just temporary housing? My advice: move downtown asap. Midtown is awful.

Its a weird feeling isnt it? I've been here 7 months and it still doesnt feel normal.
just temp, here for 3 months in the Orion Building then moving to the burbs. Have to say the building is great, doormen/concierge has have been really good, gym /pool are nice and the free breakfast is a welcome treat.

I'm sure we'll get bored of it but its not a bad place to stop for 3 months.

Daz
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Off2NYC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lochdaz-of-blantyre
just temp, here for 3 months in the Orion Building then moving to the burbs. Have to say the building is great, doormen/concierge has have been really good, gym /pool are nice and the free breakfast is a welcome treat.

I'm sure we'll get bored of it but its not a bad place to stop for 3 months.

Daz
Welcome

When I arrived 7 months back I was put in a corporate apartment on 48th Street. It took a while to sink in that NYC was now my home but time has flown by. It now feels as though I have been here years!!

Ps - get out of Midtown as soon as you can. The noise (even at 4am) is unbearable after a while!