LA Stopover

Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default LA Stopover

Hi,
Anyone got any idea for nice hotel for a four day stopover in LA and San Francisco. I don't want it right by the airport but will need to be where theres stuff going on, good transport links and safe.
Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA Stopover

You'll find that the coast is only about 15mins drive from LAX. We've had a perfectly pleasant stopover staying at Redondo beach - can walk up as far Manhattan Beach, which has plenty going on.

If you want you could go up to Santa Monica which will offer everything you want - including a fairly direct route up to Hollywood through Bevvy Hills. Bit further from the airport but still well do-able. And awesome.

We stopped in one of the Best Westerns in redondo and it was very cheap but very nice - hot tub, and a range of gorgeous seafood diners across the road (as was the beach, wharf and boardwalk)
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bearskin
You'll find that the coast is only about 15mins drive from LAX. We've had a perfectly pleasant stopover staying at Redondo beach - can walk up as far Manhattan Beach, which has plenty going on.

If you want you could go up to Santa Monica which will offer everything you want - including a fairly direct route up to Hollywood through Bevvy Hills. Bit further from the airport but still well do-able. And awesome.

We stopped in one of the Best Westerns in redondo and it was very cheap but very nice - hot tub, and a range of gorgeous seafood diners across the road (as was the beach, wharf and boardwalk)
Thanks I'll take a look. I stayed in the best western on sunset boulevard but they want over $1000 and that's to much. It's for my 20yr old, she needs to be able to get around fairly easy and get food and shopping.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Thanks I'll take a look. I stayed in the best western on sunset boulevard but they want over $1000 and that's to much. It's for my 20yr old, she needs to be able to get around fairly easy and get food and shopping.
You do mean by car I take it?
Old Jun 26th 2014, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You do mean by car I take it?
No not by car. They will need to get a shuttle bus or something from the airport and then get around on public transport, trips or taxi.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

No not by car. They will need to get a shuttle bus or something from the airport and then get around on public transport, trips or taxi.
OK look into that carefully because public transport is not great here.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll find the staff at LAX the most miserable in my estimation in the whole of the US.
I've done the US quite a bit on business, and once even the air steward warned us to that effect, and she wasn't wrong...
Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't have a car in our few days at Redondo Beach. There was a bus that basically went up and down Highway 1, and, from memory, we caught it once up past Manhattan Beach to a Mall and did some shopping there... Just had a squizz at Google maps, and it was the Manhattan Village Shopping Center we went to. Also, it would seem that Santa Monica is about an equal distance from LAX - so I would probably go there if I were you.

Last edited by bearskin; Jun 27th 2014 at 7:47 am.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bearskin
We didn't have a car in our few days at Redondo Beach. There was a bus that basically went up and down Highway 1, and, from memory, we caught it once up past Manhattan Beach to a Mall and did some shopping there... Just had a squizz at Google maps, and it was the Manhattan Village Shopping Center we went to. Also, it would seem that Santa Monica is about an equal distance from LAX - so I would probably go there if I were you.
Thanks, I'll take a good luck. They will be fine on the bus and can always get a taxi or tour bus to look around further. Cheers
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I'm currently in LA staying in an Airbnb apartment between Westwood (UCLA area) and Santa Monica Boulevard - much cheaper than a hotel. I got the airport shuttle for $24.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I'm currently in LA staying in an Airbnb apartment between Westwood (UCLA area) and Santa Monica Boulevard - much cheaper than a hotel. I got the airport shuttle for $24.
Hey thanks for that, I meant to ask you before you left. I'll check that out. How did you arrange the airport shuttle?
Thanks again
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

westie1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for that, I meant to ask you before you left. I'll check that out. How did you arrange the airport shuttle?
Thanks again
The motel usually arrange that for you they should also have details for bus trips as well. I went on a shopping trip to Ontario mills mall via the motel I was staying at.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again
I stood inline at the airport (takes ages cos they only let the van go when there are at least 7 pax going to the same vicinity!) You can, however book the shuttle online, which I have done for my return to the airport tomorrow. I used supershuttles.