Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are Kiwis as possessive about their disabled parking spaces....

Are Kiwis as possessive about their disabled parking spaces....

Old Nov 21st 2006, 11:29 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are Kiwis as possessive about their disabled parking spaces....

.....as the anal retentive jumped up little shits on sticks that are the old age 'i have more rights than you' drains on the NHS living in Littleport, Ely?

Need to rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the process of selling my father's magazine collections. One weighs 35kg. In addition to a 20kg parcel I had 2 more weighing 15kg. THe only parking outside the post office is a disabled bay. The other parking is a 100yd walk away.

I figured, get parcels out, stagger to post office, dump them, repark.

Waited patiently for old codger with probably EVERY ailment in the world to drive out of space and i followed him in. Staggered to door with 20kg parcel on my shoulders - of course old people dont have to open doors, or hold them open, and so they didnt.

I drop off the box in the PO, came out to my car to see old codger had driven the full one mile around the one way system back to where he had parked, only to tell me that i was in a disabled bay. I replied - yes i know, these boxes are very heavy and I would drop off the other load and then move the car. was he ok to wait?

thats a disabled space you know - yes i do know, as i have already explained i will move it in a bit.

thats a disabled bay you shouldnt be there - LOOK, I am aware of this, just wait a....

then old codger with tea cosy on head pipes up - YOU shouldnt be THERE. its a disabled, waving her blinking walking stick at me - obviously doesnt need it if she can afford to wave it in my face.

then i lost it

FFS!!!!! Can YOU carry 35kg of parcels?

she replied yes

so i dumped the rest at her feet and said - there you carry that for me. how about YOU help ME!!! How about i take you to the car park and you walk this lot to the post office for me. how about YOU give ME a break.

I called the dickweed in the car a tosser, and her a little female dog - by this point i was screaming at them. I had an audience and everything.

I stormed into the PO and burst into tears.

Now i feel a right prize lemon.

I must have been an extremely wicked person in my previous life to get all this crap this year - wishing someone would just ease up on me, just this once.

AGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHH

I know it was a bloomin disabled bay. and i know i shouldnt have been there. but i just needed that help - for a couple minutes. and this is what i got instead.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Default Re: Are Kiwis as possessive about their disabled parking spaces....

Originally Posted by dreamfish
.....as the anal retentive jumped up little shits on sticks that are the old age 'i have more rights than you' drains on the NHS living in Littleport, Ely?

Need to rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the process of selling my father's magazine collections. One weighs 35kg. In addition to a 20kg parcel I had 2 more weighing 15kg. THe only parking outside the post office is a disabled bay. The other parking is a 100yd walk away.

I figured, get parcels out, stagger to post office, dump them, repark.

Waited patiently for old codger with probably EVERY ailment in the world to drive out of space and i followed him in. Staggered to door with 20kg parcel on my shoulders - of course old people dont have to open doors, or hold them open, and so they didnt.

I drop off the box in the PO, came out to my car to see old codger had driven the full one mile around the one way system back to where he had parked, only to tell me that i was in a disabled bay. I replied - yes i know, these boxes are very heavy and I would drop off the other load and then move the car. was he ok to wait?

thats a disabled space you know - yes i do know, as i have already explained i will move it in a bit.

thats a disabled bay you shouldnt be there - LOOK, I am aware of this, just wait a....

then old codger with tea cosy on head pipes up - YOU shouldnt be THERE. its a disabled, waving her blinking walking stick at me - obviously doesnt need it if she can afford to wave it in my face.

then i lost it

FFS!!!!! Can YOU carry 35kg of parcels?

she replied yes

so i dumped the rest at her feet and said - there you carry that for me. how about YOU help ME!!! How about i take you to the car park and you walk this lot to the post office for me. how about YOU give ME a break.

I called the dickweed in the car a tosser, and her a little female dog - by this point i was screaming at them. I had an audience and everything.

I stormed into the PO and burst into tears.

Now i feel a right prize lemon.

I must have been an extremely wicked person in my previous life to get all this crap this year - wishing someone would just ease up on me, just this once.

AGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHH

I know it was a bloomin disabled bay. and i know i shouldnt have been there. but i just needed that help - for a couple minutes. and this is what i got instead.
I think you shouldnt be to hard on yourself. Its not like you ran a disabled person down in the process! My dad is disabled and it annoys me when people park for a long time in a disabled space due to ignorance and lazyness but I dont think you did anything wrong and they shouldnt be so judgemental. For the sake on a couple of moments!!!

As for standing up for yourself fair play, not enough people do it nowadays!

Ignore the whinging old gits! Sending good wishes and some good luck to you now!!!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:30 pm

thank you for your support. i do know how you feel too, having cared a for a number of disabled people.

i am just so annoyed that the council dont make provision for the rest of us.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

I saw an article about supermarkets having to CCTV spaces cos people were getting attacked for using them. What a society we live in! (Well not for much longer! )
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for your support. i do know how you feel too, having cared a for a number of disabled people.

i am just so annoyed that the council dont make provision for the rest of us.
Have some Karma to calma you down - although I must admit I get hysterical when someone with no kids parks in the child parking bay at the supermarket and I have to drag 3 kids a mile from the top car park in the rain, dodging reversing cars and ... you get the drift.
Donna
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, they are as possessive... because non disabled people are using them "for just a few minutes"... sorry, I come down on the side of the disabled sticker holder - you shouldn't use it! Ever, at all

If the boxes were too heavy to carry 100m, then take a trolley... or a big bloke that can carry them...
Old Nov 21st 2006, 9:53 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a thought - YOU WERE WRONG!!

You decided to be cheeky and use a disabled space, even for just a few minutes. And then when you get caught, you don't say something like "I'm really sorry, won't happen again gov", you instead make excuses and start calling your accusers names. That was WRONG.

I honestly can't see how you feel yourself the victim.

Anyway, in response to the thread title - No - disabled kiwis would probably avoid a conflict and just mutter under their breath about young people these days have no respect
Old Nov 21st 2006, 9:59 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

"I must have been an extremely wicked person in my previous life to get all this crap this year - wishing someone would just ease up on me, just this once." Quote.

This bit I empathise with and I think if you're anything like me it was a bad reaction to a bad feeling on a bad day - not necessarily their fault, not necessarily your fault, just happened and you reacted, perhaps not as you normally would have done.

Hey, we've all done it, anyone who says they haven't is fibbing. Maybe not the parking in the disabled space, but maybe the reaction to a situation.

You'll have forgotten all about it in a few days.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 10:11 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
This bit I empathise with and I think if you're anything like me it was a bad reaction to a bad feeling on a bad day - not necessarily their fault, not necessarily your fault, just happened and you reacted, perhaps not as you normally would have done.
Ditto this. Shippy blip happens.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 10:16 pm

LOL - amusing replies all.

yes i totally agree and have admitted i was in the wrong. just i dont think i deserved to be 'set upon' by two cronies.

maybe its the embarrassment of it all i dont know
feeling much better now though
Old Nov 21st 2006, 10:20 pm

LOL - amusing replies all.

yes i totally agree and have admitted i was in the wrong. just i dont think i deserved to be 'set upon' by two cronies.

maybe its the embarrassment of it all i dont know
feeling much better now though
See, it's all forgotten (of course the two aforementioned OAPs are going to have to undergo months of counselling before they recover - but then, that's life?!)

Look on the bright side - you don't know them, you'll never see them again, and even if you do ... you may recognise them, but I can pretty much guarantee, they won't have a clue who you are!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Have some Karma to calma you down - although I must admit I get hysterical when someone with no kids parks in the child parking bay at the supermarket and I have to drag 3 kids a mile from the top car park in the rain, dodging reversing cars and ... you get the drift.
Donna
Well you wont get wound up here coz there aint any!!! Theres a few disabled parking spaces outside the supermarkets if youre lucky but no spaces for mums with kiddies..... not around here anyway.

I once parked in a disabled spot for 1 minute I have to admit (outside a small Tescos).... as soon as I parked there some old crony was banging on my window telling me I coudnt park there. I started to get out the car saying I only wanted to go to the cashpoint and that I couldnt walk far.... she started again and then she saw that I was on crutches and shut up. Id smashed my leg up really badly and was able to drive an automatic car (luckily broke my non-driving leg) but not walk far. Some people get on their high horses way too quickly.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:37 am

Look on the bright side - you don't know them, you'll never see them again, and even if you do ... you may recognise them, but I can pretty much guarantee, they won't have a clue who you are!
ahhh there's the problem you see. i live in a village for local people. they are inbreds. were so excited when us outsiders moved in - fresh blood, new genes!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:40 am

ahhh there's the problem you see. i live in a village for local people. they are inbreds. were so excited when us outsiders moved in - fresh blood, new genes!!
Hee, hee, hee, do they have 6 fingers on each hand like they do here?!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hee, hee, hee, do they have 6 fingers on each hand like they do here?!
Are you sure youre not in Wisbech?? lol