Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are kiwis more pc than uk ; hope not

Are kiwis more pc than uk ; hope not

Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

pinkyandbrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are kiwis more pc than uk ; hope not

Just another question? Are kiwis as PC as in the uk. I hope not ........
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Are kiwis more pc than uk ; hope not

Just as I thought many looking but no one talking ........
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:52 pm
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

Far from it I'd say. I think they've had less exposure to PC.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

That's great to hear looking forward to leaving animal farm soon
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkyandbrain
That's great to hear looking forward to leaving animal farm soon
What are you being held back from doing/saying
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Mind you have heard there is a difference between Auckland and Christchurch...

No longer freedom of speech in the Uk in case you speak a truth people don't want to face

well that's proved to be a conversation stoppper...

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 14th 2009 at 11:05 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 10:52 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

No longer freedom of speech in the Uk in case you speak a truth people don't want to face
Which version of the truth is that? "The truth" seems like an awfully absolute term.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

NZ is fairly PC as regards Maori culture...or at least pays lip sevice to being so - as far as any other race is concerned less so.
Don't buy the '1984 stuff' re the UK tbh, it is after all one of the world's oldest democracies.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Just another question? Are kiwis as PC as in the uk. I hope not ........
No, frequent use of the word 'wanker' and 'tosser' in Radio 2 type phone ins. Let's not forget 'bollocks' either. The news a six refer to assaults as 'bashings'
and i saw 'bollocks' of the front of one of our broad sheets a couple of years back.

Wonderful stuff....that's why I am so happy here. 10 years in UK plod really freaked me out re PC shite.

However there is some PC crap here..a fir tree was chopped down in Welly as it offended muslims (so I am told) and the local muslims in Palmy took exception to a 'prominent' cross on our revamped clock tower thus it was 'toned down'.

What happened to 'when in Rome'? I hate it when foreigners (and I am one) come over to any country and start trying to foist their way on us. Do you reckon it would go down well if I tried to open a topless bar in one of the middle eastern countires that neither agrees with alco or nudity?

I think not. We have to respect others' culture why cannot the Christian preserve of Nz we likewise respected??? Rant over, which is nice.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:10 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Genesis
No, frequent use of the word 'wanker' and 'tosser' in Radio 2 type phone ins. Let's not forget 'bollocks' either. The news a six refer to assaults as 'bashings'
and i saw 'bollocks' of the front of one of our broad sheets a couple of years back.

Wonderful stuff....that's why I am so happy here. 10 years in UK plod really freaked me out re PC shite.

However there is some PC crap here..a fir tree was chopped down in Welly as it offended muslims (so I am told) and the local muslims in Palmy took exception to a 'prominent' cross on our revamped clock tower thus it was 'toned down'.

What happened to 'when in Rome'? I hate it when foreigners (and I am one) come over to any country and start trying to foist their way on us. Do you reckon it would go down well if I tried to open a topless bar in one of the middle eastern countires that neither agrees with alco or nudity?

I think not. We have to respect others' culture why cannot the Christian preserve of Nz we likewise respected??? Rant over, which is nice.
I agree with your rant,, so true.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:59 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Are kiwis more pc than uk ; hope not

In fact why do we cater for this religious rubbish at all?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:37 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

One man's pc is another man's common sense. But I agree with the others that people do tend to feel freer to say what they think.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:07 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

We used to be incredibly PC. In 1994.

I'm not saying we have 'moved on'. Because honestly, whilst PC stuff may sometimes annoy it really does serve a purpose at telling people to not be racist/sexist/discriminatory/whatever. Just cos it's not as PC doesn't mean it once wasn't.

But I knew people who went back to the UK because it was far too PC here. Early to late 90s.

Just thought I would throw that in.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:38 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
What happened to 'when in Rome'? I hate it when foreigners (and I am one) come over to any country and start trying to foist their way on us.
Yeah bloody foreigners.....what've they ever done for us...coming over here taking our women, and jobs and insisting on eating there own kind of food and supporting their own sports teams....

....rant over ....now just going over to 'Cool Britannia' to get my weekely fix of Walkers Crisps and Galaxy chocie before going home listening to my Podcast of the BBC and then watching The Premiership

ooo just noticed that was my 300th post! So better not ruin it.....the first paragraph is a JOKE 'cause I'm the Bloody Foreigner .....get it (Gawd that Curiousarse guy has freeked me out about saying things that are misunderstood )

Last edited by Wooly_Cow; Aug 20th 2009 at 12:45 am.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:13 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Well don't worry. I'm tangata whenua and I understood ya!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.