Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are kiwi's becoming more air-headed?

Are kiwi's becoming more air-headed?

Old Jan 29th 2019, 8:16 am
Just Joined

HughJanus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are kiwi's becoming more air-headed?

I'm British and live in England (in Leicestershire actually, not far from the home turf of the people we're talking about). I prefer not to be called a Brit, but that's just me. Not a big deal.

What does bug me is calling these people British. They may hold British passports (I don't know if that's the case or not), but they have no stake in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter. They are Irish Travellers, despised wherever they turn up for their lying, thieving ways. Ask an Irish person what they think of them - they will tell you they're happy that so many of them leave Ireland. Wherever they go, the UK, Europe, even the US, they act the same way. They have family feuds that last for generations, but their only loyalty is to their own community. Anyone else, young or old is fair game and they will steal their last penny.

I've no idea if NZers are becoming more air-headed; British people certainly are. I've never visited NZ and have no insight to offer. I guess you have your problems the same as the rest of the world but, honestly, I can see why this mob has infuriated a lot of Kiwis. We all share that feeling that, whatever we may be, a bunch of ar**holes like this shouldn't turn up and take the p**s.

You're well shot of them but, sadly, they will be back amongst us shortly.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 9:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You looked for a website for British expatriates and joined up - just to write that? Huge Anus gives it away, try harder next time

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 29th 2019 at 9:52 am.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You looked for a website for British expatriates and joined up - just to write that? Huge Anus gives it away, try harder next time
I'm not sure what you're getting at. The name wasn't meant to be subtle - are you claiming some points for deducing it isn't my real name?
As for signing on to this site, you don't have to fly to New Zealand to do that, you know; I did it on the internet. It took less than five minutes.
For your information, I'm retired and I read the NZ Herald (again on the web - great isn't it?) most days, along with ABC, CBC, CNN and the Irish Independent. A couple of times a week I also see what's going on at SABC, the Times of India and the Times of Israel, sometimes a few others. I like to get a different perspective on what's going on in the world, and also what the world's take on events here is. That last one is pretty interesting at the moment. I simply don't want to rely on the BBC or Sky as my only source of information.
I've been following the "unruly tourists" story and would have commented on the NZ Herald site, but I couldn't work out how. I suspect the story is closed to comments. So I Googled "NZ unruly tourists" and found this site. I feel quite strongly about the name these people give my country - I don't like them here, and I don't like them dragging the UK's name through the mud abroad. I'm incensed that, as always, they are casting themselves as victims. There are many ethnic groups in the UK and I take the view my dad taught me - that if someone comes to your country who is prepared to work and abide by your laws, then you give them an even squeak. NZ is a country of immigrants too, and I imagine most people there would see that as a fair philosophy. What I don't like is scrounging, lying scumbags who won't work, rob elderly people of their life savings and get away with it, because the authorities are scared of them. Every Council here has a Gypsy and Traveller liaison officer to sort out their benefits, and to mollycoddle them while they laugh at the poor sods who pay their way.
If you don't like my opinions, that's your right. If you doubt I'm British, and live in England, you're wrong. I live in <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 29th 2019 at 4:10 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 4:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HughJanus
I'm not sure what you're getting at. The name wasn't meant to be subtle - are you claiming some points for deducing it isn't my real name?
As for signing on to this site, you don't have to fly to New Zealand to do that, you know; I did it on the internet. It took less than five minutes.
For your information, I'm retired and I read the NZ Herald (again on the web - great isn't it?) most days, along with ABC, CBC, CNN and the Irish Independent. A couple of times a week I also see what's going on at SABC, the Times of India and the Times of Israel, sometimes a few others. I like to get a different perspective on what's going on in the world, and also what the world's take on events here is. That last one is pretty interesting at the moment. I simply don't want to rely on the BBC or Sky as my only source of information.
I've been following the "unruly tourists" story and would have commented on the NZ Herald site, but I couldn't work out how. I suspect the story is closed to comments. So I Googled "NZ unruly tourists" and found this site. I feel quite strongly about the name these people give my country - I don't like them here, and I don't like them dragging the UK's name through the mud abroad. I'm incensed that, as always, they are casting themselves as victims. There are many ethnic groups in the UK and I take the view my dad taught me - that if someone comes to your country who is prepared to work and abide by your laws, then you give them an even squeak. NZ is a country of immigrants too, and I imagine most people there would see that as a fair philosophy. What I don't like is scrounging, lying scumbags who won't work, rob elderly people of their life savings and get away with it, because the authorities are scared of them. Every Council here has a Gypsy and Traveller liaison officer to sort out their benefits, and to mollycoddle them while they laugh at the poor sods who pay their way.
If you don't like my opinions, that's your right. If you doubt I'm British, and live in England, you're wrong. I live in a village called.......
Yeah, good on you

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 29th 2019 at 4:16 pm. Reason: Removing personal info from quoted post
Old Jan 29th 2019, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Let me put more plainly. I don't know what you're on about.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 4:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Let me put more plainly. I don't know what you're on about.
I think SoS may have been implying that you've joined the forum just to troll. If you're not an expat, and you've never even visited NZ, then why on earth would you take the time to sign up to a forum that has no relevance you just to give your opinion, with a questionable username? It is rather odd, so you can understand her doubt I'm sure.

Your username may need changing by the way, although I'll leave that up to site admin - this is a family friendly forum. And I've removed all of your personal info, this is a public forum so putting where you live and even your schools is asking for trouble, please keep personal info personal.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

I see, but I must say it wasn't at all clear that that was what was meant.
I was commenting on a story that interests me as a British person, as it's my country these people are naming as home. The other poster was from Australia, so I don't really see why my opinion as a non - New Zealander should be any less valid than theirs.
Not a troll and don't see how you could come to that conclusion. However, if that's the view I'm happy to leave things at that. No wish to spoil the site.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 8:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I see, but I must say it wasn't at all clear that that was what was meant.
I was commenting on a story that interests me as a British person, as it's my country these people are naming as home. The other poster was from Australia, so I don't really see why my opinion as a non - New Zealander should be any less valid than theirs.
Not a troll and don't see how you could come to that conclusion. However, if that's the view I'm happy to leave things at that. No wish to spoil the site.
Kia Ora from New Zealand.

I'm British and I emigrated to New Zealand 15 years ago.
I'm also the Site Lead and admin for all of BE.

I am not sure why you would think it OK to register such a username. BE is a family friendly website with people of all manner of nationalities who wish to chat with each other around the world. Most all are migrants, hopeful migrants, immigrants.

Your username is not appropriate for here, per our site rules, so you will need a username change. I have contacted you about this so please let me know what other username is preferable.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Australia but .on British expats because:

I've lived in Nz before and it's a great forum for finding information and advice from others even if I didn't need visas.

​​​​​​I have been a member for a good couple of years now.
I joined for advice and knew of friends from UK who received great advice here.

Moving back again has other issues that advice is always welcome.

I'm back in Nz now but even though I posted from.Australia, I didn't randomly join to post about travellers. It's relevant me being on.here and just general conversation in an off topic thread.

Others may find it odd you joining up on basically an immigratuon forum to discuss a topic with others ​when.you aren't moving to that county or living there.

Last edited by Mishclark; Jan 29th 2019 at 8:19 pm. Reason: Paragraphs!
Old Jan 30th 2019, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

This was a dead thread before the trolls joined in.
close it and they might go away