Kiwi TV

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kiwi TV

Right, never thought I would say this, but god I miss UK telly! Crying out for the BBC right now, Kiwi TV is just truelly awful..and not even any more Top Gear repeats on...arghhhh!!

I know am not here to watch telly, but spent yesterday with a stinking hangover and NOTHING to watch bar the Simpsons....its awful!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kiwi TV

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Right, never thought I would say this, but god I miss UK telly! Crying out for the BBC right now, Kiwi TV is just truelly awful..and not even any more Top Gear repeats on...arghhhh!!

I know am not here to watch telly, but spent yesterday with a stinking hangover and NOTHING to watch bar the Simpsons....its awful!!!
Yep it's crap unless you like sport...even Sky is UK repeats from years and years ago!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

You don't know what you are missing, I hate to say it but I'm a celebrity has been good this year. Chris Biggins is king. My Slingbox in the UK ,best 130£ I ever spent.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:26 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto...
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

Thank god you lot didn't decide to immigate to Papua New Guinea !!!

I mean come on,what were you expecting !!!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
My Slingbox in the UK ,best 130£ I ever spent.
How do you find using the slingbox?

Not entirely sure how it works.......

Do you have it set up to a UK sky tv box with ability to remotely change channels etc or is it running off a source that someone else is controlling in the UK?

Are you paying a UK sky subscription and watching all your TV on a computer or do you stream it here to a normal tv?

Intrigued to find out exactly how well this works.........
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
You don't know what you are missing, I hate to say it but I'm a celebrity has been good this year. Chris Biggins is king. My Slingbox in the UK ,best 130£ I ever spent.

we've just finished watching last years i'm a celebrity on skye....seen it all before,but it was hilarious watching david guest again.....jacky
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:30 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerry W
Thank god you lot didn't decide to immigate to Papua New Guinea !!!

I mean come on,what were you expecting !!!
a second world contry perhaps.........the TV is probably better in Brazil, Argentina and Peru
and for slingbox to work you need a decent broadband connection........
thanks Mr Telecom.........for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

HTML Code:
"Yep it's crap unless you like sport...even Sky is UK repeats from years and years ago!"

Does that mean we have half a chance of getting close to winning something?!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by niseysOH
How do you find using the slingbox?

Not entirely sure how it works.......

Do you have it set up to a UK sky tv box with ability to remotely change channels etc or is it running off a source that someone else is controlling in the UK?

Are you paying a UK sky subscription and watching all your TV on a computer or do you stream it here to a normal tv?

Intrigued to find out exactly how well this works.........
Slingbox works fine.
It is hooked up to a satellite which is remotely controlled from here. (Plug it in and forward a port on your router) So it is dedicated for my use. I pay no satellite subscription at the moment but I would like Eurosport. You can hook up any AV source to it, I should have used my Tivo as that would record in the UK and then stream to the web.
I sometimes do view on my TV but the resolution is not fantastic.

Slingbox is now encrypted unless you can get hold of an old firmware version it is difficult to record. ( there are products but functionality is not great)

Limitations are your originating broadband suppliers ( in my case BT ) upload speed. 440kbs equates to 380 here in NZ after the overheads have been removed. So in this case NZ broadband is not to blame. If you watch it on a Lan the picture is great when it streams at 1.5mb, so I will chase BT about my upload speed.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garryhg
we've just finished watching last years i'm a celebrity on skye....seen it all before,but it was hilarious watching david guest again.....jacky
Rodney Marsh has been a good laugh a wind up merchant first class also really chauvinistic. Also some American model Janice what an argumentative nutter. You will have to wait until next year no dought.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

have i missed something here? Kiwi tv = bad (am I right so far?) but good UK tv is 'i (at sometime in the past or only if you read gossip mags) am a celeb..'

Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:04 am
Just Joined

michaeldutton is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate the TV here! If you like rugby, you are good because all is on is rugby, rugby, rugby on the sports channels. Sky is rubish too, it has about 200 channels were as the English TV has about 2000! It is awful!:curse:
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:13 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
have i missed something here? Kiwi tv = bad (am I right so far?) but good UK tv is 'i (at sometime in the past or only if you read gossip mags) am a celeb..'

hehe my thoughts exactly. I thought docos were great in the UK but there was A LOT of reality tv rubbish. Supernanny was one thing, but then other shows came out attempting to tame children, families, teenagers etc.

Not to mention Marco on big brother. hell, anyone on big brother.

You brits had pretty cr*p tv too - but your good stuff made up for it. We tend to put our good shows on a 10am Sunday morning or stupid times like that.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:39 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
hehe my thoughts exactly. I thought docos were great in the UK but there was A LOT of reality tv rubbish. Supernanny was one thing, but then other shows came out attempting to tame children, families, teenagers etc.

Not to mention Marco on big brother. hell, anyone on big brother.

You brits had pretty cr*p tv too - but your good stuff made up for it. We tend to put our good shows on a 10am Sunday morning or stupid times like that.
so its on the 10am to 1015am slot.....
face it, apart from Bro Town, Kiwi TV sucks.........
there may be a lot of pap from the UK but there is probably more quality television on the CBBC and CBeeBees channels than comes out of NZ (and for that matter Oz put together).......!
/ducks as all the NZ is best crowd aim for head/
Also the ad breaks are really really annoying and make watching a half-decent movie or show a real chore, especially if you have to get up at 0530h to get to work.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.