Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

KIWI COPS & PILLOW FIGHTS

KIWI COPS & PILLOW FIGHTS

Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:28 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default KIWI COPS & PILLOW FIGHTS

On Wednesday’s public holiday we went to Manly beach. A few teenagers arrived in hoon looking cars and parked right in front of the beach homes there. Of course all these houses are million plus properties and call me materialistic but I would love to love on the beach like that.

There was a bit of a disturbance and someone asked these kids to turn down their blaring thud thud music (from their cars) down. Of course these kids were all drinking alcohol and this is in the morning.

It must have been 45 minutes later a police car drove down the road ( cul-de-sac) turned around and drove off again, passing the big sign at the end of the road stating the no alcohol rule.

I guess the way to get the police attention is to explain a pillow fight is happening

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10491624.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:35 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: KIWI COPS & PILLOW FIGHTS

If the teens are under 18 the cops won't even bother as young people can do what they like here without any negative consequence for the most part. The justice system here is broken.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:51 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

I tend to agree with you mate.

We were in Scotland for a month recently and did not experience any blaring music, or kids loitering in the streets with alcohol. And that is Scotland where there are few medals awarded for best behaviour.

Whatever the UK bobbies have done, they seem to have a handle on the situation.

I must also say (need to do another post) that the driving in the UK was a dream; the drivers are courteous, safe and well mannered. Also never encountered the thud thud music that shakes the foundations of our home here every Friday & Sat night and many mornings woken up by engines screaming through the gears as some little 15 year old drives home from their night out in their 3 litre turbo.

I must confess this ignore it and it will go away attitude towards what I see as serious problems really concerns me.

Have a great Sunday
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
I tend to agree with you mate.

We were in Scotland for a month recently and did not experience any blaring music, or kids loitering in the streets with alcohol. And that is Scotland where there are few medals awarded for best behaviour.

Whatever the UK bobbies have done, they seem to have a handle on the situation.

I must also say (need to do another post) that the driving in the UK was a dream; the drivers are courteous, safe and well mannered. Also never encountered the thud thud music that shakes the foundations of our home here every Friday & Sat night and many mornings woken up by engines screaming through the gears as some little 15 year old drives home from their night out in their 3 litre turbo.

I must confess this ignore it and it will go away attitude towards what I see as serious problems really concerns me.

Have a great Sunday
The drivers do appear to be generally crap in NZ, arrogant, rude too fast etc. But here in Palmy with respect to alcohol ban areas I get the feel ( i worked with the police as the city's safety officer)that it is well policed and hoons with booze are dealt with..I guess it all depends on the local commander's attitude and how he gets that zero tolerance (if thats the case) across to the front line cops.

I am all for ZERO TOLERANCE and hang the little buggers out to dry while they behave in such an anti-social manner, meanwhile I would change the ciriculum (sp!!) to encompass social responsibility and treating others as you wish to be treated etc..too much emphasis on reading and writing..while they are VVVVVV important what's the use of reading and writing if you have the morals of a polecat and you don't give a **** about anyone else? Rant over, goodnight.