British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   The KIWI BAR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/kiwi-bar-392584/)

j19fmm May 20th 2010 11:39 pm

Re: The KIWI BAR

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon (Post 8579973)
Isn't it funny how once someone starts with these sort of memories so you remember more and more!

Like the time I tried to put my foot in my welly boot (or gummies I suppose I should say on here), and couldn't get it right in. Picked the boot up and shook it and out dropped a dead field mouse:eek: It had obviously run in there to get away from one of our cats who must have caught it and brought it in to the porch, and then died in there :( (I always chose to believe that it died from the shock of being played with by the cat, not from the smell of my boot:rofl:)

Or the night the brook outside our house was flooding and I went out with the brolly to have a look...as I opened the brolly over my head a dead mouse fell on me...yeuk!!

j19fmm May 20th 2010 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 8580119)
Last week the youngest Gregor had a tackle that would have made an AB proud.......lifted a kid off the ground and back 10 feet he hit the tackle that well.He got player of the day for the 2nd week in a row. And both boys were players of the day at mini ball yesterday.:wub:

So line up the Friday afternoon drinks as I am chilling out and celebrating my boys achievements.:thumbsup:

Phyl x

Nice one boys.:thumbsup:
Much as I love my rugby, am really unamused that my 11 year old still has a problem walking , 12 weeks after a rugby injury to his knee. He's been to GP, Physio, had MRI scans, fracture clinic...and now we're heading back to the physio :sneaky: They say if no improvement in a month they may do an exploratory op.
Really want it soted before he starts at the high school in september :unsure:

BEVS May 20th 2010 11:48 pm

Squze me. :frown: Nearly midnight.

Freakin , freakin lowlife crud & pub .:thumbdown:

j19fmm May 21st 2010 12:02 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8580720)
Squze me. :frown: Nearly midnight.

Freakin , freakin lowlife crud & pub .:thumbdown:

Another quiet night in eh? :sneaky:

Am Loolah May 21st 2010 12:49 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 8580741)
Another quiet night in eh? :sneaky:

Well it's 10 to 1 here and I'm still up, but quiet as a mouse .... pop over ...:thumbup:

BEVS May 21st 2010 1:23 am

Well it isn't freakin' quiet here. It's a complete and utter hellhole of noise.
Coming from tosspots, in the tosspot pub, run by tosspots and frequented by tosspots.:frown:

Gawd. Tonight I wish I never, ever came here to this rotten stinking place

Dewb09 May 21st 2010 4:36 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8580891)
Well it isn't freakin' quiet here. It's a complete and utter hellhole of noise.
Coming from tosspots, in the tosspot pub, run by tosspots and frequented by tosspots.:frown:

Gawd. Tonight I wish I never, ever came here to this rotten stinking place

Awwww Bevs this is terrible :thumbdown: such a rotten situation to be in, must feel there is no end to it. Cant begin to imagine what is like to be living like this :(

Not much help but (((((((big hug))))))) and pray they get whats coming their way soon :frown:

Dewb xxx

Dewb09 May 21st 2010 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8576265)
The "expected" to be in place mortgage by Monday for our buyers is now "expected" Friday :thumbdown: this is what has been said for 2 weeks now....

Really close to pulling out of sale :( and we have to give 2 weeks notice to agent before we can go elsewhere :confused:

Dewb

Ha ha ha guess what, they still HAVE NOT got a mortgage offer :frown:
Adios & thanks for wasting 13 weeks of our time :thumbdown:

Back to the drawing board for us :(

On a plus 26 degrees today and 27 expected tomo :thumbsup:

Dewb

Dewb09 May 21st 2010 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 8579607)
Drinks all round from me, it was four long years ago today that me and Mr Sue met and so much has happened since then.
I got up to find a card and a box of chocolates and a packet of my fave Maltesers in the fridge:wub::wub:
:wub: Awww how lovely

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8579641)

Don't do slithery things without legs. Can't even stand the thought of them at all.
pointless things yuk!

Once , not long after I had started work, I had saved up and bought myself a very trendy & fashionable coat. The likes of which my Mum did not approve of. Walking to catch the bus one winter morning , I put my hand into the pocket of this much loved item of clothing and drew out a snail.......... aaarrrggghhh ! Never felt the same way about the thing again despite having it dry cleaned - twice ! The coat that is , not the snail.

:eek: Ewwww gross

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon (Post 8579936)
I trod on a slug once, in the dark when I had nothing on my feet :eek:

:scaredhair: that makes me want to throw up

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon (Post 8579973)
(I always chose to believe that it died from the shock of being played with by the cat, not from the smell of my boot:rofl:)
:sneaky: mmm you sure

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 8580119)

Last week the youngest Gregor had a tackle that would have made an AB proud.......lifted a kid off the ground and back 10 feet he hit the tackle that well.He got player of the day for the 2nd week in a row. And both boys were players of the day at mini ball yesterday.:wub:

:thumbsup: well done to the boys

OMG did I just multi quote!

Dewb

scrubbedexpat094 May 21st 2010 7:47 pm

Drinks are on me! Mine's a bottle of Veuve Cliquot:eek:

:drinkwine::beer::drinkwine::beer::drinkwine:

Dewb09 May 21st 2010 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 8582340)

Hope there is some left later :sneaky: bit too early even by my standards :o

Dewb

Woodpigeon May 21st 2010 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 8582340)

Congrats!

Its a good feeling, and for me I was so relieved that whatever happens in the future whether we stay here or return to UK citizenship means that my kids can make their own choice and we'll all be free to come and go as we decide :)

And since I've just finished a bottle of Old Dark I'll have another of the same thanks (and pretend it's a pint of Murphys or Wadworths 6X)!:)

Dewb09 May 23rd 2010 4:23 am

Get the bar stocked, B is back tomorrow (or today for NZ)

Cheers B :wub: welcome home :drinkwine::drinkwine::drinkwine:

Dewb xx

j19fmm May 23rd 2010 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8584606)
Get the bar stocked, B is back tomorrow (or today for NZ)

Cheers B :wub: welcome home :drinkwine::drinkwine::drinkwine:

Dewb xx

Yay, welcome home MnB :drinkwine: looking forward to catching up x

MnB May 24th 2010 9:17 am

:drinkwine::drinkwine::drinkwine:
HOME!!!!!.....drinks on me :lol:
Thanks for stocking up girls!!

Catch up with you all soon but after a quick squiz thro the gossip sheet looks like you all need a few stress relieving drinks!! ....having consumed bottle of NZ wine thoughtfully bought by son :wub: I'm now totally knackered and off to get horizontal for the first time in 48+hrs.....hopefully the elephantitis that seems to be affecting my ankles will have gone in the morning :eek: and I'll be able to stand at the bar with you all tomorrow :wub:

B x