Ketchup vs Sauce

Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:11 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ketchup vs Sauce

Any discernable difference between tomato sauce and tomato ketchup? I like the tom sauce you get here, the cheaper the better as it has fewer yucky ingredients.

We were around last April when they had that "limited edition" Watties green ketchup.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ketchup vs Sauce

Maz, this has become a big topic in our house and during our first month here in New Zealand - the kids hate Watties but me and my wife don't mind it, it seems to have a taste of cloves to me
As a result we have a big bottle of Heinz for the kids and Watties for us
Its even made an entry into my travel blog

I love the iea of a tin of tomato sauce
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeys
Maz, this has become a big topic in our house and during our first month here in New Zealand - the kids hate Watties but me and my wife don't mind it, it seems to have a taste of cloves to me

I believe HP sauce and both Watties and Heinz ketchup are deplete of shite ingredients..namely fake colour etc, etc, etc. Has anyone else noted that Watties beans (NZ) are tasting FAR less spiced up? They too had that clovey tang that Watties K has. Is it me or have they adjusted the spicerometer for us folk from that small Isle just off Gaul??
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Spudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really nice

Originally Posted by turkeys

You can get Heinz in "Countdown" and "Foodtown" also HP on rare occasions. Theres always the tacky brit shops. Therese's one in Auckland North Shore in Brown Bay. Cringable but there some litle stuff lasts always good. Chocolate Popetts and Chocolate Hobnobs
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

I think we got the Heinz in Pak n Save. But I am a believer that when in Rome... eat the local ketchup..sauce sorry
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Spudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really nice

I Know what you mean. Mind you, i'm not Irish but I still like a Guinness now and again.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:12 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Terkeys and Genesis have got it in one - Watties = cloves, Heinz = yum!

First time I had fish and chips I thought they taste 'funny' so I kept adding more and more tommy K to mask the funnyness - finally figuring out that it was the tommy K that was the culprit! By then the whole lot was smothered and so I just ate it anyway. 1 year in and I am happy with either if only one or the other is available. Give me a choice though and it's Heinz that I pull out of our fridge - and from good old Pac'n'Save too
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:26 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

bloodymassive plastic bottle from the asian supermarket! fantastic stuff. Believe it or not.. you get alot of tommy sauce in india to go with their nice deep fried snack type things.

As for watties or heinz? I wouldn't know.. I was a tight arse that used to buy the cheap stuff in the UK too!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:35 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dustybin
bloodymassive plastic bottle from the asian supermarket! fantastic stuff. Believe it or not.. you get alot of tommy sauce in india to go with their nice deep fried snack type things.

As for watties or heinz? I wouldn't know.. I was a tight arse that used to buy the cheap stuff in the UK too!
arent watties and heinz the same company - all the labelling and marketing is similar
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:27 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I never cared for Tomato sauce but Tomato chutney is yummy.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:26 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
arent watties and heinz the same company - all the labelling and marketing is similar
A good point well made! On asking folks here, apparently Watties has always been in NZ and Heinz wanted in on the market, so bought the Watties brand and have kept many receipes the same (hence clovey tommy K) but have also brought in their own products under the Watties brand.

For where they have the same product but a different, outside NZ, receipe they brand it under Heinz. So in the same store you can buy Heinz and Watties baked beans.

Weird, eh?!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:10 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you get HP BBQ sauce out there?...I'm an addict
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:57 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tan0410
Can you get HP BBQ sauce out there?...I'm an addict
erm, sure i have seen it.

can get lee and perrins *insert homer simpson drool here*
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Cheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really nice

Please tell me they have marmite. Don't quite know how I would cope without it.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:49 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Please tell me they have marmite. Don't quite know how I would cope without it.
This is what there is available locally

This is probably what you are thinking of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.