Reload this Page >

just watching borderline and a few q's

just watching borderline and a few q's

Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:05 am
Just Joined

wimsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face just watching borderline and a few q's

Hmmmmm just wondering here what would happen if

1) you came to NZ on a work permit and fell in love with a kiwi? how would you get to stay here???

2) You had a 3 year work permit on the basis of partner being a skilled migrant, your reletionship fell apart and you found love with a kiwi, would you have to go home?

3) how long do you have to know a kiwi before you can try and get residency on the basis of partnership??

LOL...I can assure you these questions are not for me (happily married) but could be for a friend!!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:12 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: just watching borderline and a few q's

Originally Posted by wimsy
Hmmmmm just wondering here what would happen if

1) you came to NZ on a work permit and fell in love with a kiwi? how would you get to stay here???
You would get to stay as long as your work permit is valid. To quote Tina Turner, 'What's love got to do with it?'

2) You had a 3 year work permit on the basis of partner being a skilled migrant, your relationship fell apart and you found love with a kiwi, would you have to go home?
That depends. If one came over as a dependent of another person and the relationship broke up the person would need to apply for a variance of conditions. He/she would probably have to find some sort of job.

For the relationship with the new partner there has to be evidence of a genuine and stable relationship of a minimum of twelve months for the Kiwi partner to sponsor a foreigner.

3) how long do you have to know a kiwi before you can try and get residency on the basis of partnership?
See above.

LOL...I can assure you these questions are not for me (happily married) but could be for a friend!!!!!
It seems as if your friend is trying to scam his/her way in on the basis of relationships. Tell your friend that isn't a nice way to go about things.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:17 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit happy, I always get that message that I have to spread karma around before I can give to you again!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:37 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Being married and having two kids with a Kiwi guy, I can reassure your friend it ain't no easy road! You have to prove your in an emotionally, physically, financially tied relationship. The physical thing was easy because of the kids! - They needed a birth certificate of course! But I also had to endure the same tests as an individual applying and the same criteria apply - I can't be a big fatty about to kick the bucket. We also had to show bank statements, cards for both for us (like xmas, congrats, etc), photos. For time spent apart, they looked at the history taken from the barcode of our passports and did a graph of when we weren't in the country at the same time. I mean it was just really full on and I don't think if we were lying about anything I could have gone on with it. Its a very emotional process and requires A LOT of paperwork! Of course, if we were to break up - I would lose my residency. Unless my hubby knocked me about a bit. Then I would be allowed to stay.

Hope this helps!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, this happened to a friend of mine. She came over on a Young Person Working Holiday Scheme visa type thingy (probably got the wrong name, but YKWIM... anyway, she met a rather dashing young kiwi guy and the relationship blossomed.

She stayed for the duration of her working visa and then prepared to leave him behind and travel back to the UK... he proposed at the airport and she is busy getting her affairs in order in the UK, so that she can come back and marry him here.

She's a qualified primary school teacher, so could probably have got in anyway under the Skilled Migrant dodah...