It just got real

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Chris B44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It just got real

Things are really speeding up, from the visa applications being lodged on the 20th July, I got an email last night to say my work visa had been approved.
Just 12 days to process it, eek, panic mode now as I still have some loose ends to tie up here before I can fly out.
My EOI is being submitted in the next few days so it should be in the next draw from the pool.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Well I arrived in New Zealand on the 23rd Aug and had 10 days with my sister, sorted out my bank account, got my IRD number and bought a van for transport. I am now up in the Northland at Whangerei, 3 days into my new job. I am currently in a motel and looking for a rental property for when my partner comes out to join me. Not terribly impressed with the letting agents and the very few places that will accept a pet.
Old Sep 6th 2018, 8:21 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

hope the time with your sister was good, as for rentals yes they do seem to have problems with letting to people with dogs, just say to the agent that you will obviously have all the carpet professionally cleaned when you leave, it may help?
Old Sep 6th 2018, 7:04 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Some people offer to double the deposit because they have a dog i.e. as much again because of the dog. Usual story, money talks.
Old Sep 8th 2018, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

I got lucky, I found a listing for a house in a quiet out of town area that was good for transport to work. The online application was a bit of a faf, got a call back on Friday and viewed the same afternoon. Had a call back yesterday, further chat with the owner and it looks like I have been successful.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 8:34 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris B44
I got lucky, I found a listing for a house in a quiet out of town area that was good for transport to work. The online application was a bit of a faf, got a call back on Friday and viewed the same afternoon. Had a call back yesterday, further chat with the owner and it looks like I have been successful.
Well done, all that's left is the small matter of actually moving in !

Last edited by Snap Shot; Sep 9th 2018 at 8:36 pm. Reason: As long as your dog is happy !