John who?

Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light
Default John who?

Just did a stupid thing…. I will say right now that I don’t EVER normally listen to NZ radio (see past posts), but I forgot I had taken all my CD’s out of the car, and on the short journey into town decided to listen to the radio…….. John Lennon was singing “Starting Over”… great, I have found some real music!

The song finished and the DJ announced…. “That was John Lennon… who was a part of The Beatles”...

Hands up anyone who didn’t already know that…. Come on… hands up now don’t be shy!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 9:49 am
Old Jerk

kaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nice
Default Re: John who?

Originally Posted by Kevin
Just did a stupid thing…. I will say right now that I don’t EVER normally listen to NZ radio (see past posts), but I forgot I had taken all my CD’s out of the car, and on the short journey into town decided to listen to the radio…….. John Lennon was singing “Starting Over”… great, I have found some real music!

The song finished and the DJ announced…. “That was John Lennon… who was a part of The Beatles”...

Hands up anyone who didn’t already know that…. Come on… hands up now don’t be shy!
Jeez you,re a fountain of knowledge,thanks for that.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

T'was not Kevin that was the fountain of knowledge. T'was the radio chap.
That's the point.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

What! The Beatles?
Old Jul 14th 2011, 1:01 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Who are the Beatles ?

Last edited by nelsonpom; Jul 14th 2011 at 1:01 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 14th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kaihoe
Jeez you,re a fountain of knowledge,thanks for that.
They were six very talented musicians from Bradford back in the sixties.

During their rise to fame they decided to move to Liverpool for the fresh air and better class of people (their words), also because Rufus (their one and only black member) wasn’t always well received in “certain” Bradford venues.

A point of interest, many of you will undoubtedly be saying to yourselves right now “hey, I thought there were only four Beatles?”…. This is because two of them nearly always used to stay back in the van while the others played the venues. Rufus, well he took to making the sandwiches’ for the group and looking after their laundry requirements, the other guy (I forget his name) used to do the driving, but other than that just sat around listening to Janis Joplin and getting stoned.

So then Kaihoe… whose the smart one now huh huh????
Old Jul 14th 2011, 9:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

the other guy (I forget his name) used to do the driving, but other than that just sat around listening to Janis Joplin and getting stoned.
I'll ask the OH. He is a fountain of odd knowledge.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'll ask the OH. He is a fountain of odd knowledge.
Ooooooh BEVS, I cant wait for his answer! (..sits here sniggering like a naughty schoolboy)
Old Jul 15th 2011, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

… Rufus went on to become a star in his own right, some of you may remember him by his stage name Bob Marley. It took Rufus a few years to shake off his “Northern” accent, and even longer to perfect the “Jamaican” reggae sound which we have all come to know and love.

If you listen carefully to some of his lyrics, you may just make out the odd slip here and there, none more than in his first pressing of “Three little birds” and the passage “don’t worry bout a thing”, when in actual fact he sang “Dunner fret about owt’ lass, it’ll all be raight”…. Fortunately his producer at the time, pulled the record before any real damage was done to “Bob’s” reputation, and apparently only a half dozen copies had been actually sold, one of which has been seen hung on the wall of Clithero’s Black Pudding Emporium, where they have a display featuring famous people from Barnsley throughout the ages… it is a small display however.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 4:53 am
Old Jerk

kaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nice

I think you,ve experienced too many aftershocks matey
Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kaihoe
I think you,ve experienced too many aftershocks matey
Awww bless…. no sense of humour?
Old Jul 17th 2011, 8:07 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww bless…. no sense of humour?
Think he's been in New Zealand too long
Old Jul 17th 2011, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by love30stm
Think he's been in New Zealand too long
Apparently when you have been here for twenty years you have to go for a compulsory frontal lobotomy and also have your funny bone removed!... my wife says I’m half way there….. not sure what she means by that!.... but I'm not going to ask.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 2:29 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Kevin;9501539]Apparently when you have been here for twenty years you have to go for a compulsory frontal lobotomy and also have your funny bone removed!... my wife says I’m half way there….. not sure what she means by that!.... but I'm not going to ask.[/QUOTE

Hoping not to be here more than 4 years!!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently when you have been here for twenty years you have to go for a compulsory frontal lobotomy and also have your funny bone removed!... my wife says I’m half way there….. not sure what she means by that!.... but I'm not going to ask.
I think she means that judging by your humour you have already had half your brain removed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.