IT jobs in NZ

Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Brendan Kearns is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile IT jobs in NZ

Hi,
I’m currently in the process of applying for residency and have been surfing the net for IT jobs in New Zealand. There seems to be a lot of IT work available, but as my previous experience (5 years) is not in the more modern technologies, I’m finding that I may have to take a junior role for awhile until I build up the experience in the modern techs. From the adverts I do read, the salaries seem particularly low – 35k-60k NZ. As my girlfriend and I are currently in the situation, I’m concerned that we both may find it difficult to live in NZ, with a combined income of approx 90k. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can offer reassurance or help in finding work or anything that might help us feel more comfortable making this big move….

Brendan
Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT jobs in NZ

Originally Posted by Brendan Kearns
Hi,
I’m currently in the process of applying for residency and have been surfing the net for IT jobs in New Zealand. There seems to be a lot of IT work available, but as my previous experience (5 years) is not in the more modern technologies, I’m finding that I may have to take a junior role for awhile until I build up the experience in the modern techs. From the adverts I do read, the salaries seem particularly low – 35k-60k NZ. As my girlfriend and I are currently in the situation, I’m concerned that we both may find it difficult to live in NZ, with a combined income of approx 90k. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can offer reassurance or help in finding work or anything that might help us feel more comfortable making this big move….

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
Have you looked at contract jobs. My husband was a IT contractor for years until we decided to look at the UK. The wage from memory was about $65-$80 per hour.
Have a look at www.stuff.co.nz and then to the job section. Just noticed that BNZ (where hubby used to work) were advertising for contractors. Also try www.jobnet.co.au
On a salary of $90,000 with no kids you will have a very good standard of living.
Cheers
KAZ