Reload this Page >

JOBS FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERS

JOBS FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERS

Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JOBS FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERS

Hi
Can anyone tell me how are the prospects for Mechanical Engineers in New Zealand. look forward to hear from you all.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JOBS FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERS

seeing as many will have left to go to OZ, I'm sure there will be plenty of positions up for grabs.

look on "trademe" and "seek" for current vacancies
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Justcol
seeing as many will have left to go to OZ, I'm sure there will be plenty of positions up for grabs.

look on "trademe" and "seek" for current vacancies
HI Justcol

thanks for the info, my only problem is I have a bachelors and masters degree and my profession is in the long/short skill shortage list. but I'm getting only around 110 in the EOI. I'm not sure will I be able to get through the EOI and get the ITA....with that much points...I have looked into Christchrush rebuildig jobs and didn't found much in my profession.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:33 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

very doubtful on those points you would need to look at getting a job offer. keep looking on trademe and seek
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Always in demand, particularly if qualified too...
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Si19761
Always in demand, particularly if qualified too...
Hi

Really ? then could you please tell me which sectors I can look in for...as far I know Yacht industry...is good....thanks
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:11 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sriraksha
HI Justcol

thanks for the info, my only problem is I have a bachelors and masters degree and my profession is in the long/short skill shortage list. but I'm getting only around 110 in the EOI. I'm not sure will I be able to get through the EOI and get the ITA....with that much points...I have looked into Christchrush rebuildig jobs and didn't found much in my profession.
You only need 100 points don't you???
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by love30stm
You only need 100 points don't you???
Hi
off course you're right I need only 100 points, to enter into the pool. I'm considering my chances with my specific education and background on how difficult it would be with the current points to get selected. as I don't have the 140 point mark to get selected directly.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:52 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Without being too picky, you may want to double check your grammar and punctuation in communication with prospective employers.
For the qualifications you have, your written English could lose you interviews at the very least.
Best of luck.

(I am aware that this is a chat forum and we can slack off, but that could be reflected in impressions others gain.)
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:09 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sriraksha
Hi I'm considering my chances with my specific education and background on how difficult it would be with the current points to get selected. as I don't have the 140 point mark to get selected directly.
The EOI is only selected on the points and it isn't until you are pulled out that they check your information against what they require so submitting with 110 points is very risky as don't think 110 has been pulled for some time, yet you will still need to pay the fee when you submit which is then not refunded if pulled and then rejected
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Without being too picky, you may want to double check your grammar and punctuation in communication with prospective employers.
For the qualifications you have, your written English could lose you interviews at the very least.
Best of luck.

(I am aware that this is a chat forum and we can slack off, but that could be reflected in impressions others gain.)
Hi Hazeandsteve
thanks a lot for your concern, from next time ... plz do correct me where ever I go wrong....cheers
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
The EOI is only selected on the points and it isn't until you are pulled out that they check your information against what they require so submitting with 110 points is very risky as don't think 110 has been pulled for some time, yet you will still need to pay the fee when you submit which is then not refunded if pulled and then rejected
Hi
I still consider applying, as EOI's stay in the pool for 3 months where, if they are not selected in this time, they will be withdrawn from the pool. so I'll utilize that time to get a Job offer,and if I find one I can amend my EOI and will claim points from the JOB offer.
And even if they give me a WTR, it would be great.

just wanted to quote
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." -The Shawshank Redemption.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:57 pm

sorry but they stay in the pool for 6mths but I still feel 110 is very risky and if after 6mths no job offer you will have to submit again with another payment. maybe take the time now to look seriously at getting an offer.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:07 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
sorry but they stay in the pool for 6mths but I still feel 110 is very risky and if after 6mths no job offer you will have to submit again with another payment. maybe take the time now to look seriously at getting an offer.
Things must have changed then, as my husband just had over 100 points and was selected 5 years ago.

The rest is history
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:29 pm

yep love30stm things have changed lots since then. You only have to look back over the pull results to see without a job offer that low isn't going to get you anyway soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.