Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

January 2013 Arrivals and Departures

January 2013 Arrivals and Departures

Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:17 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 2013 Arrivals and Departures

Congrats, hopefully you are settling in well

Originally Posted by Neils45
I left the UK on New Years Day and landed on the 3rd in Christchurch to take up a new job on the 7th.

Great start to the new year!!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:19 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everyone is settling in well and those still to come are a little excited and have their packing under control

dannigirl, OH & kids - Arriving Dunedin 01/01/13 - hopefully relaxing

robhob & Kids - Leaving Germany 10/01/13 Arriving Auckland 12/01/13

Fiona K & Andrew - Leaving UK 12/01/13 Arriving Wellington 14/01/12

Celticknight & OH - Leaving UK 13/01/13 Arriving Auckland 15/01/13

alisonmcd - Leaving UK 15/01/13 Arriving Wellington 17/01/13

britkiwi & OH - Leaving UK 16/01/13 Arriving Wellington 18/01/13

Pom_Chch - Leaving UK ? Arriving Christchurch 21/01//13

Tourvel, OH & Son - Leaving UK 20/01/13 Arriving Christchurch 22/01/13

talkingscop - Leaving UK 22/01/13 Arriving Auckland 25/01/13

Upset13 - Leaving 30/01/13 Arriving Auckland 01/02/13
Old Jan 20th 2013, 6:32 am

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:06 am

Most over now and hopefully settling in well. the few left hopefully plans are all in place and you are ready and excited.

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:16 am
Just Joined

talkingscop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Most over now and hopefully settling in well. the few left hopefully plans are all in place and you are ready and excited.

Can't wait to get over there and join you all!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Hi All,

been here a week. Safe & Sound up in Whangarei.

Start new job next week. Got house rental sorted, move in on Saturday. Been shopping for some basic items before container arrives.

Just need a Car for OH to run about in, and find her a job.

Ian & Jayne.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

chris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celticknight
Hi All,

been here a week. Safe & Sound up in Whangarei.

Start new job next week. Got house rental sorted, move in on Saturday. Been shopping for some basic items before container arrives.

Just need a Car for OH to run about in, and find her a job.

Ian & Jayne.
That's fantastic! How are you finding things? Is it a big culture shock or did you do your homework well enough to know what to expect?

I'll tell you what...you couldn't have picked a better week, weatherwise, to land here! That's what I call timing! My folks are snowed in back in U.K....you're well out of it!

Hope you settle in quickly. I truly believe that NZ is a fantastic place to live. You get out of it what you put in. Don't keep comparing it to where you've come from...it's different! Not always in a positive way, but in the main, it is.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

chris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nice

Originally Posted by talkingscop
7 hours to take off! (Not that I'm counting). Now I just have to pray that there aren't too many delays again today at Heathrow I hope nobody's flight got snowed in over the weekend?

Can't wait to get over there and join you all!
You are probably nearly here now.

WELCOME to Aotearoa...not many long white clouds at present...just lots of sun. Well timed!!

Enjoy your new life. I hope you settle in quick.

If you need any help with a house rental or purchase or anything at all, just ask! I live in Howick, East Auckland and always happy to help a fellow Brit (or anyone for that matter).

Chris
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:55 am
Just Joined

talkingscop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris the property man
You are probably nearly here now.

WELCOME to Aotearoa...not many long white clouds at present...just lots of sun. Well timed!!

Enjoy your new life. I hope you settle in quick.
Thanks for the welcome and the offer! I've got my rental sorted (not buying) down in Dunedin for when I eventually make it down there. For the moment all there is to do is soak up the Auckland sun!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:13 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Arrived yesterday morning to lovely sunshine and blue sky! Have been sorting out all the boring stuff today - IRD number, bank accounts etc. We are staying with some relatives for the time being until we get ourselves sorted. Off into Christchurch tomorrow to get some flip flops...or jandals!

Good luck everyone!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the welcome and the offer! I've got my rental sorted (not buying) down in Dunedin for when I eventually make it down there. For the moment all there is to do is soak up the Auckland sun!
Enjoy the sun and remember what vile weather you have just left behind you!!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

david.fluid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Hi everyone,

Arrived yesterday morning to lovely sunshine and blue sky! Have been sorting out all the boring stuff today - IRD number, bank accounts etc. We are staying with some relatives for the time being until we get ourselves sorted. Off into Christchurch tomorrow to get some flip flops...or jandals!

Good luck everyone!
Welcome to Christchurch! Hope all is going well!
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:57 am

dannigirl, OH & kids - Arriving Dunedin 01/01/13

Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

JEN5IM27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: January 2013 Arrivals and Departures

I'm leaving London on 22 Jan, arriving AKL two days later.
Bus-ing all over the shop before settling down in Dunedin.

Can't wait. I'm not given to exclamations usually, but: Gosh, I am SOOOOO excited
let us know what Dunedin is like. Me my wife and baby boy are moving to NZ end of 2014 and Dunedin is is where we are thinking of going.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

david.fluid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JEN5IM27
let us know what Dunedin is like. Me my wife and baby boy are moving to NZ end of 2014 and Dunedin is is where we are thinking of going.
Hello Jen5IM27, why did you settle on Dunedin? Do you have family there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.