British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   It's warming up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/its-warming-up-845039/)

Pulaski Nov 4th 2014 1:24 pm

Re: It's warming up

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 11460972)
That's quite a variation from -2C to 18C

I
That's what clear skys do to us - the sun shines ands warms us up, but the heat dissipates rapidly at night. :(

ellenarosemary Nov 10th 2014 8:41 pm

Very cold here during the evening/night here over the weekend - mind you during the day it was lovely. Today ? though what's happened? Windy Wellington again.

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 10th 2014 11:48 pm

Lovely few days north of Auckland. Getting a wee bit of colour going :cool:

Pulaski Nov 11th 2014 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 11461100)
That's what clear skies do to us - the sun shines ands warms us up, but the heat dissipates rapidly at night.

An Arctic storm system is pushing southwards across the Midwest, and by early Friday it will be-5°C here. :eek: At least the forecast is only for cold, not for snow or ice. :unsure:

BEVS Nov 11th 2014 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 11467774)
An Arctic storm system is pushing southwards across the Midwest, and by early Friday it will be-5°C here. :eek: At least the forecast is only for cold, not for snow or ice. :unsure:

:unsure: We only see snow these days if we travel to it.

Very warm and windy today. Feels stormy but I am hoping for some rain , otherwise there will be early water restrictions.

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 11th 2014 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 11467774)

What is 'snow and ice' ?????:rofl:

bakedbean Nov 11th 2014 1:59 pm

Ice is what they plop in drinkies. Don't know about snow...cold stuff I think.

scrubbedexpat094 Nov 11th 2014 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 11468212)
Ice is what they plop in drinkies. Don't know about snow...cold stuff I think.

Ah, THAT ice !

moving2NZ2013 Nov 21st 2014 12:26 am

It's. Warming up :p

bearskin Nov 21st 2014 6:06 am

No. No. No no. Do not get started on temperatures. It is what New Zealanders think of as "weather".

Weather is stuff that occurs - rain, snow, wind, sunshine (not too often seen that one), hail, etc. I think of temperature as a bi-product of weather. To kiwis, temperature IS weather.

As in "ooh it was eighteen degrees this morning... so nice". But it rained for seven hours then got really windy, so actually the weather was rubbish (again). Who cares what the temperature was if the weather meant that it was crap outside?

I despise the fools on TV with their 'National High was in Gisborne' claptrap. Redonkeylous