British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   It's warming up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/its-warming-up-845039/)

BEVS Oct 14th 2014 12:56 am

It's warming up

Oo heck. It's been warm the past few days. I've had to break the shorts out and so frightened the cat with my lily white, whiter than me pekin ducks, legs.

I can still see residual snow on The Ranges though and there is still something of a nip in the air at times but it would seem that finally we are well into Spring and Summer is on it's way. :thumbup:

Bo-Jangles Oct 14th 2014 5:17 am

Re: It's warming up

I broke some sandals out for a test run this evening - not sure I'm quite ready for bare tootsies and gleaming white bare legs going out of the door to work at 7.30 am though.

Charismatic Oct 14th 2014 7:44 am

Too soon for the Scorchio thread yet BEVS.

moving2NZ2013 Oct 15th 2014 9:08 am

Lol it was lovely Monday then today it's freezing:thumbdown::thumbdown:

BEVS Oct 15th 2014 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 11437635)
Too soon for the Scorchio thread yet BEVS.

Seems so.

I'll break it out laters then.

Me and the sun caught up again today though. I am not sure the old girl was ready for that. Even me cat retreated to his 'gloo

bakedbean Oct 15th 2014 12:56 pm

It's scorchio in Penang ;) but then....it always is.

mickey_d Oct 16th 2014 5:02 am

Got to 24.1 here today:thumbup:
Was a cool & foggy start to the day though!!

Looks like the fire might be back in use next week:thumbdown:

Tom H Oct 17th 2014 12:46 am

Around 23 degrees at the moment here, it's great that I've found an employer that allows shorts to be worn in the work place

But copying their British weather - it's forecasted to be 13 degrees and showers tomorrow - boo!

Fush and Chups on the beach tonight with a few ice cold Steinlager Pures, takes me back to Friday evenings in the summer down Durley Chine or Canford Cliffs. Lovely!

BEVS Oct 20th 2014 8:42 pm

Rats. It's cooled down and is a cloud over. Good day for gardening mind you.

BEVS Oct 29th 2014 1:19 am

OK. So it is right parky around the edges. I've had to dig the old hot water bottle out again.

j19fmm Oct 29th 2014 6:14 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11454476)
OK. So it is right parky around the edges. I've had to dig the old hot water bottle out again.

Sorry, BEVS, can you check your PM's pretty please? xxxxxx

BEVS Oct 29th 2014 6:19 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 11454605)
Sorry, BEVS, can you check your PM's pretty please? xxxxxx

I just did. :p I went to the wharf for fush and chups after spending the day trying to plant plants beofer the rain came back.

uummmm............ have you had immigration finger syndrome?

j19fmm Oct 29th 2014 6:28 am

Thanks BEVs...sure is hot here now, might just have to cool down with some cold bubbles xxxx

Pulaski Nov 3rd 2014 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11454476)

We managed to hold off turning our heat on in October, but the night of November 1st was forecast to get down to around-2°C, so I had to set the heat to come on on Sunday morning. Last night was as cold, and my truck was covered in frost this morning. :( Still the days have been nice, up around 18°C :) though down from the mid 20's of last week.

bakedbean Nov 4th 2014 11:46 am

That's quite a variation from -2C to 18C