Its too hot here!

Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its too hot here!

Originally Posted by SarahB
Sorry to hi-jack your post O/P.

I had SPD for the last 2 months with my son. My midwife thinks this pain is maybe the start of the SPD again and not really sciatica. I was hoping I wouldnt get it this time but fingers crossed eh?!

have a rest, well as much as you can with littleun, hope it doesn't get too bad, you poor thing
Old Sep 21st 2006, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Hello.... Yes I am now officially fat!!!

Its a very active bub.... I just ate a lemonade ice lolly and shes jumping around in there in protest!!

I'm due 19th Jan but c-sect will prob be in the first week of Jan.

Generally Im feeling very good..... just this sciatica-like pain that hurts nearly all the time now.

No names yet... I expect we will talk about it again soon though...I bring the subject up about once a month and we talk about it.
Hi Sarah, we came out to NZ the same time as you, I think it was a week or two difference. But the other coincidence is our first baby is due Jan 13th. We are struggling with boys names, no probs with girls names. We have already decided on a girls name. We decided to to wait for the surprise, so we don't know if its a boy or a girl.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
Hi Sarah, we came out to NZ the same time as you, I think it was a week or two difference. But the other coincidence is our first baby is due Jan 13th. We are struggling with boys names, no probs with girls names. We have already decided on a girls name. We decided to to wait for the surprise, so we don't know if its a boy or a girl.
Thanks Poppets.... I try to rest but back aches most of the time now. I painted Lighening McQueen onto my lads wall this afternoon and sitting on the carpet made the pain worse... never mind, he loved the car! Started on Luigi but never got it finished.... so will continue it when I can move again.

Wow.... youre patient!! I just couldnt wait to know the sex of the bub! I wasnt allowed to know in Peterborough, UK so it was great to be able to find out this time. I wasted so much money first time around on unisex clothes that I never wanted to use once I knew he was a boy.... this time I'm getting well prepared already!

So how you liking NZ then lizard?? We are really starting to feel settled now we have our own house. We love Beachlands too.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Thanks Poppets.... I try to rest but back aches most of the time now. I painted Lighening McQueen onto my lads wall this afternoon and sitting on the carpet made the pain worse... never mind, he loved the car! Started on Luigi but never got it finished.... so will continue it when I can move again.

Wow.... youre patient!! I just couldnt wait to know the sex of the bub! I wasnt allowed to know in Peterborough, UK so it was great to be able to find out this time. I wasted so much money first time around on unisex clothes that I never wanted to use once I knew he was a boy.... this time I'm getting well prepared already!

So how you liking NZ then lizard?? We are really starting to feel settled now we have our own house. We love Beachlands too.
We love it. Got the smallholding we always dreamed of, never been able to afford it in UK. We live a few minutes from the beach, great climate, lots of sunshine, lovely views, nice neighbours and we have made lots of friends. I am glad you are happy too.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
We love it. Got the smallholding we always dreamed of, never been able to afford it in UK. We live a few minutes from the beach, great climate, lots of sunshine, lovely views, nice neighbours and we have made lots of friends. I am glad you are happy too.
That sounds great. Property prices just here are sky-high but we got our full section so not too bad...I wouldve loved to have able to buy a house with a couple of acres but not a chance round here.

I really dont think Id have had another baby either if Id stayed in the UK.... I never even considered it yet here I am at nearly 40 and having another.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:50 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Now that I have seriously burnt my bald head

All in all, its horrible here in the heat and I want to go home. Back to the start of the great British winter!!.........................
I'm surprised you burnt your head you obviously were not wearing your silly work hat and if you came back you would not be able to wear your so attractive long shorts and knee length socks
Old Sep 24th 2006, 5:30 am
Just Joined

UNIONJACK is on a distinguished road

I agree with Lenny the weather here is making me think of home. I was walking along the beach the other day in shorts and a t-shirt with nobody else insight ,a nice view of the snow capped mountains in the distance.
If that dosn't make you homesick I don't know what will!!!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Buttercracks is an unknown quantity at this point

Would you say that all of the sun gets to the skin and affects it visibly? Or is it just more like just for health reasons.

I am concerned that when I get there the Kiwi girls will look like they have elephant skin (from the sun) and dating elephants isn't my thing.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lenny the Lion]Now that I have seriously burnt my bald head in the Hawkes Bay sunshine I am considering returning to England. Sun tan lotion is not cheap in any country in the world and NZ is no exception. Also with the air conditioning on most of the time, my car is using more fuel. The lawn constantly needs watering ( water rates )and the only plants that thrive here are cacti. The temperature also mean the kids need to go swimming all the time and since Steve Irwins unfortunate stingray accident they will only go to the local pool........more money. All the extra sweat means more washing and ironing as well.
The winter has only just finished too. Apparently this will continue for another 8 months :scared:
All in all, its horrible here in the heat and I want to go home. Back to the start of the great British winter!!.........................

We were in Hawkes Bay last October and Danny burnt badly (although he does burn at the slightest suggestion of sun) but I loved it there. It's a lovely fresh September day here today although we did have a thunder storm this morning.
Wish we were there - good to know it will last 8 months so we won't miss too much of the good weather by the time we get out! Enjoy!
Slip, slop, slap and you won't burn,
Donna
Old Sep 24th 2006, 8:51 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=danny.f]
Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
Now that I have seriously burnt my bald head in the Hawkes Bay sunshine I am considering returning to England. Sun tan lotion is not cheap in any country in the world and NZ is no exception. Also with the air conditioning on most of the time, my car is using more fuel. The lawn constantly needs watering ( water rates )and the only plants that thrive here are cacti. The temperature also mean the kids need to go swimming all the time and since Steve Irwins unfortunate stingray accident they will only go to the local pool........more money. All the extra sweat means more washing and ironing as well.
The winter has only just finished too. Apparently this will continue for another 8 months :scared:

We were in Hawkes Bay last October and Danny burnt badly (although he does burn at the slightest suggestion of sun) but I loved it there. It's a lovely fresh September day here today although we did have a thunder storm this morning.
Wish we were there - good to know it will last 8 months so we won't miss too much of the good weather by the time we get out! Enjoy!
Slip, slop, slap and you won't burn,
Donna
Rain? Grey, thick, ugly clouds? Wind? Trees down? Anybody? No? Quelle suprise! That's what's happening here for us!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Am Loolah]
Originally Posted by danny.f

Rain? Grey, thick, ugly clouds? Wind? Trees down? Anybody? No? Quelle suprise! That's what's happening here for us!

if it makes you feel better, its cloudy & raining here & its the first day of half term so we'll be making christmas cards today
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:25 pm

[QUOTE=poppets]
Originally Posted by Am Loolah

if it makes you feel better, its cloudy & raining here & its the first day of half term so we'll be making christmas cards today
I thought you were currently 25 hours ahead, not 3 months and 25 hours ahead?
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Am Loolah]
Originally Posted by poppets

I thought you were currently 25 hours ahead, not 3 months and 25 hours ahead?

i'm normally quoted as being backwards
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:41 pm

[QUOTE=poppets]
Originally Posted by Am Loolah

i'm normally quoted as being backwards
I rest my case ... had thought that myself and thought - that's my twin - then you scared me with talk of Xmas cards!! Tell me you got a job lot and the sell by date on the glitter is up this week?! If not ... back, back, evil domestic goddess witch!!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Am Loolah]
Originally Posted by poppets

I rest my case ... had thought that myself and thought - that's my twin - then you scared me with talk of Xmas cards!! Tell me you got a job lot and the sell by date on the glitter is up this week?! If not ... back, back, evil domestic goddess witch!!
sending cards & gifts to UK, for grandparents etc, & trying to keep kids entertained when weather not so good. Other people may call it being a tight bitch & slave labour with the kids- me i call creative home industry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.