Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's in the Post! (and likely to be for some time)

It's in the Post! (and likely to be for some time)

Old Jun 17th 2023, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's in the Post! (and likely to be for some time)

International postage delays

Apparently there are major problems with international mail.
Lack of resource at processing centres, and lack of capacity on freight flights.
We found out because we are waiting for some documents from NZ.
Couldn't work out why the tracking had them sitting at Auckland for days, so we dug deeper.
Old Jun 17th 2023, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's in the Post! (and likely to be for some time)

It's been going on for some time.
I sent a couple of birthday cards in April that took just under 4 weeks to reach Paris.
I think the old steam ships used to do the journey in 6 weeks.
Old Jun 17th 2023, 10:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

HeHe. Yup. Pal waited 3 weeks for a couple of bits of posts UK to USA. Used to take days.

I've waited so long for something that I thought it was permanently lost but it then turned up in the mail box. 6 weeks. Now , if it is docs etc I send to a pal in Yorkshire and she kindly scans and mssgs over to me.

Old Jun 20th 2023, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
HeHe. Yup. Pal waited 3 weeks for a couple of bits of posts UK to USA. Used to take days.

I've waited so long for something that I thought it was permanently lost but it then turned up in the mail box. 6 weeks. Now , if it is docs etc I send to a pal in Yorkshire and she kindly scans and mssgs over to me.
I send myself postcards (dippy I know lol) when I am overseas we have been in holiday to Bulgaria I sent it during the holiday we have been back over a week and still waiting, longest wait was last year from Northern Spain to the UK 3 weeks was the wait. When we migrated to Australia letter was still the norm if I remember it was quite quick and the joy at seeing a letter in the mail box was just fab, I still send my penpal (over 40 years) letters … and yes I know my way around modern technology lol
Old Jun 20th 2023, 11:04 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I send myself postcards (dippy I know lol) when I am overseas we have been in holiday to Bulgaria I sent it during the holiday we have been back over a week and still waiting, longest wait was last year from Northern Spain to the UK 3 weeks was the wait. When we migrated to Australia letter was still the norm if I remember it was quite quick and the joy at seeing a letter in the mail box was just fab, I still send my penpal (over 40 years) letters … and yes I know my way around modern technology lol
WOW, I am getting old. It has probably been 40 years since I heard anyone mention penpals. I am 62. I think the internet and unlimited long distance phone calls by skype and similar have made staying in touch too easy.
Old Jun 24th 2023, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
WOW, I am getting old. It has probably been 40 years since I heard anyone mention penpals. I am 62. I think the internet and unlimited long distance phone calls by skype and similar have made staying in touch too easy.
A youngster then….I still look forward to my oenoals letters and yes we do email now and again but it’s not the same.
Old Jun 25th 2023, 7:46 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
A youngster then….I still look forward to my oenoals letters and yes we do email now and again but it’s not the same.
Since the advent of cheap long distance calls and skype I just prefer to give someone a ring instead of writing or emailing and I have never texted anyone ever.
Old Jun 28th 2023, 6:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I can quite understand the joy of receiving something through the post.. A letter, a card or a small gift. It is uplifting.

I can also confess that even now I send myself a postcard if possible. I - Just - Do. ----> actually I send him a secret postcard normally stating his action(s) right at that time .
"Dear Husband. Here is a postcard from your loving wife while she sits and stares at your nostrils inhaling in and out during one of your many naps whilst horizonal"
"Dear Husband. You just went to the loo and I did not tell you that you slobbered a blob of <beer or food> on your nice hollybobs shirt "
That type of thing.

These days he would probably be desiccated before it arrived... or under the deck.

Let's face it , the post is hit and miss innit ( yup I used innit). Bit like luggage it is anyone's guess what route it might take our how long it might be. One hopes for 'airmail' not via Canada.

For LittleGreyCat and others on the immy trail it is just an additional concern and worry. You send off or ask for important docs and essentially consign them to the ether.

Best of luck LittleGreyCat.

Old Jun 28th 2023, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=BEVS;13201034]I can quite understand the joy of receiving something through the post.. A letter, a card or a small gift. It is uplifting.

I can also confess that even now I send myself a postcard if possible. I - Just - Do. ----> actually I send him a secret postcard normally stating his action(s) right at that time .
"Dear Husband. Here is a postcard from your loving wife while she sits and stares at your nostrils inhaling in and out during one of your many naps whilst horizonal"
"Dear Husband. You just went to the loo and I did not tell you that you slobbered a blob of <beer or food> on your nice hollybobs shirt "
That type of thing.

These days he would probably be desiccated before it arrived... or under the deck.

Let's face it , the post is hit and miss innit ( yup I used innit). Bit like luggage it is anyone's guess what route it might take our how long it might be. One hopes for 'airmail' not via Canada.

For LittleGreyCat and others on the immy trail it is just an additional concern and worry. You send off or ask for important docs and essentially consign them to the ether.

Best of luck LittleGreyCat.[/QUOTe)

I am still waiting for my postcard from Bulgaria it’s now been 4 weeks !!!
Old Jun 28th 2023, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

The suspense is killing me!
The package has moved from Suffolk to Essex in 2 days.
Delivery in 2 working days is not looking likely.
We hope that Essex means Stansted Airport but could be anywhere/
Old Jul 3rd 2023, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
The suspense is killing me!
The package has moved from Suffolk to Essex in 2 days.
Delivery in 2 working days is not looking likely.
We hope that Essex means Stansted Airport but could be anywhere/
I now have my postcard from Bulgaria, it only took nearly 4 weeks lol I use to receive my mail from England to Aus quicker back in the late 90’s lol
Old Jul 7th 2023, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Tracking still showing the package in North Essex.
I have raised a query.
Old Jul 10th 2023, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

"Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email, please accept my apologies for any concern this posting may be causing.

I am sorry for the confusion as this has been delivered the FedEx tracking doesn't seem to be tracking back to our website, Please accept my apologises for this, you can see this for yourself on the FedEx website using this tracking number - 780351843088

If you need any further assistance with regards to your parcel, please contact the team directly on 03448 004466.
Kind regards,

Parcelforce Worldwide Email Team."

There is nothing confidential in the tracking information, so it might be of interest to see where this "2 working days" package visited on its way to NZ!

If you want to see the world....