Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Its a long way from home when

Its a long way from home when

Old Aug 3rd 2013, 10:00 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its a long way from home when

Thank goodness for some good news, so plased that he has had the operation. Time now to recuperate.

Rosemary
Old Aug 5th 2013, 7:51 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

well he was discharged with a large bag of drugs and dressings. Haven't spoken to him personally as yet but hopefully having familiar surroundings and his own stuff will hasten the recovery.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:01 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
well he was discharged with a large bag of drugs and dressings. Haven't spoken to him personally as yet but hopefully having familiar surroundings and his own stuff will hasten the recovery.
Blimey that was quick. Hope he gets on his feet very fast.

Rosemary
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

At least he's at home now. It's got to be more relaxing there rather than in a hospital ward. Hope he gets well soon
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:22 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Blimey that was quick. Hope he gets on his feet very fast.

Rosemary
yes he managed to take 10 steps so out you go. think he was elated to be honest, MIL said when they told him it looked like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders (obviously not the operated one ).
got at least 6mths of physio to start I believe and still need to be keeping a close eye on the lung but should improve daily now.

going to better for him to have his own stuff around him, and hopefully his mates will get round to see him easier which will be a good thing
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

yes he managed to take 10 steps so out you go. think he was elated to be honest, MIL said when they told him it looked like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders (obviously not the operated one ).
got at least 6mths of physio to start I believe and still need to be keeping a close eye on the lung but should improve daily now.

going to better for him to have his own stuff around him, and hopefully his mates will get round to see him easier which will be a good thing
Sounds like good news MrsF. Hopefully he'll feel much better being at home
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Kin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to all

Sounds like you have had a tough time recently MrsF with earthquake and family scares. Glad to see you have some good news now for a change.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 9:50 pm

well he has now been home for just over a week and is getting the strength back in the arm. physio is not for some weeks but has been given short exercises to be getting on with. says he's not sure how he feels at the moment with the metal plate in his shoulder, goes from freaked out to I'm bionic.
Policeman who was at the scene has phoned him, a biker himself, and told him that from all the evidence there was nothing he could of done about it, he was just unfortunate to ride that line round the corner and hit the gravel. could of happened to any of the others out with him that day or none of them.
Son is now talking about taking advance riding sessions as he thinks it would give him more knowledge, confidence and skills to prevent a crash if he hits gravel again. not sure it would make much difference on gravel, been there myself in my time, but glad he is thinking safety first. also talking about breast plate as well as his back plate for when he is up and riding again.
Does make me a little nervous about him coming over here and hiring a bike, what with the state of the roads and the other roads users, but by the looks of it he's not going to be coming any time soon.

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and wishes it was/is much appreciated
Old Aug 14th 2013, 9:54 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

well he has now been home for just over a week and is getting the strength back in the arm. physio is not for some weeks but has been given short exercises to be getting on with. says he's not sure how he feels at the moment with the metal plate in his shoulder, goes from freaked out to I'm bionic.
Policeman who was at the scene has phoned him, a biker himself, and told him that from all the evidence there was nothing he could of done about it, he was just unfortunate to ride that line round the corner and hit the gravel. could of happened to any of the others out with him that day or none of them.
Son is now talking about taking advance riding sessions as he thinks it would give him more knowledge, confidence and skills to prevent a crash if he hits gravel again. not sure it would make much difference on gravel, been there myself in my time, but glad he is thinking safety first. also talking about breast plate as well as his back plate for when he is up and riding again.
Does make me a little nervous about him coming over here and hiring a bike, what with the state of the roads and the other roads users, but by the looks of it he's not going to be coming any time soon.

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and wishes it was/is much appreciated
Glad he's on the mend

Take care of yourself too MrsF
Old Aug 14th 2013, 10:27 pm

Good to hear that he is improving, also that the policeman has been so thoughtful with his information and your son sounds as though he is looking at making himself safer in the future.

Rosemary