Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Its a long way from home when

Its a long way from home when

Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its a long way from home when

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
thanks everyone. no phone call. just FB message from one of his mates and then updates on the bike group he and I belong to on there.
Did try ringing him but went to VM so left a message. MrF left a not to complimentary message as well
<<hugs>> you poor thing, really brings home the reality of being so far away doesn't it Went through a similar thing myself recently so I know pretty much how you feel.
not good about his helmet being removed, thank goodness there was no extra damage as a result.
Keep us posted - hope he goes on OK

xx
Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your son, MrsF. I'm sure he will make a full and speedy recovery. I know only too well how hard it is to get info from medical staff and family from this distance. {{Hugs}}
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:34 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes couldn't believe that the stupid oink took his helmet off. told his mate who contacted me on FB to smack him one for me, also told the nurse to clip him round the lug hole if his neck was now stable but don't think you understood me to well.

Must say when my mum went into hospital last year they were very good at making sure I got to speak to the right people fairly quickly to save on phone charge. Different hospital this time so will see how well they do.

I may well reduce his Christmas money by cost of phone calls.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:48 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe your sympathy has expired before your adult son has even left hospital !
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oh, I think you'll find MrsF has every care & love for her son and more some. It's oozing out of her posts.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:05 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
I can't believe your sympathy has expired before your adult son has even left hospital !
LOL - I'm just exasperated that the little twerp removed his helmet, could of been sooo much worse.

Well have been in contact on FB chat with him now, he can still use his phone.
He is on morphine now, his Dad is going down from Ashford and should be with him today.
Hopefully the phone battery will hold out for Consultants round and will learn more. Initially he was saying he thought he would be in for 2-3 days but now more line a week, think he was confused about wards as he seems to be in a high dependency ward, I guess because of the drain, and surely they wouldn't discharge him straight from there so just guessing at the moment that he would have to go on a general ward before release. Also not sure if they would move him to a hospital nearer his own home?
Old Jul 27th 2013, 7:31 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to be reading this news. I hope that your son will make a speedy recovery and that he can box his friends ears himself soon. Long distance contact is so difficult and can be confusing.

Look after yourself.

Rosemary
Old Jul 27th 2013, 8:13 pm

Thanks all

well have just spoken to Orthopaedic Fellow who says "multiple trauma sites, bleeding into lung which was the main issue on site, ketamine given, needle put into his chest to relieve air and blood spotted and then drain sited.
The broken bones are secondary concerns at the moment. The fact that he was walking around the site area shows that he had no major problems with his legs but they and his hips have been xrayed and no problems seen. abdomen looks clear from scans, also head and neck all appear ok. But they will continue to monitor all area's. Operation is required on clavicle but cannot go ahead until the lung is improved and they expect to see improvement in that in the next 24-48hrs. when a decision may be made about the operation."

not sure if I feel any better or not
Old Jul 27th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

speedy recovery mrs F's son
Old Jul 27th 2013, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

your eldest has to be air lifted to hospital after a motor cycle accident.

3 broken ribs, broken collar bone. And a collapsed lung so has a drain in.

can't get hold of him on his mobile and as yet no idea what ward he is in. But from all accounts because he was wearing the right gear he has managed to survive the high side and impact with a bank. ******* idiot removed his helmet but hopefully he has caused no damage.
I empathise with you. My mother died before my plane landed in London. Things like this make NZ feel like a million miles away.

Fingers crossed for him.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

How awful for you all! Hope he recovers fully and you recover from the stress of the phone call and situation. Not nice for you to be so far away. Big hugs to you and your family!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he makes a speedy recovery Mrs F.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping you get good news. As a Mum, I know exactly how you feel - wavering between wanting to smack them and hug them!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 10:42 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - I'm just exasperated that the little twerp removed his helmet, could of been sooo much worse.

Well have been in contact on FB chat with him now, he can still use his phone.
He is on morphine now, his Dad is going down from Ashford and should be with him today.
Hopefully the phone battery will hold out for Consultants round and will learn more. Initially he was saying he thought he would be in for 2-3 days but now more line a week, think he was confused about wards as he seems to be in a high dependency ward, I guess because of the drain, and surely they wouldn't discharge him straight from there so just guessing at the moment that he would have to go on a general ward before release. Also not sure if they would move him to a hospital nearer his own home?
(((hugs))) MrsF - we're all here for you
Old Jul 28th 2013, 1:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all

well have just spoken to Orthopaedic Fellow who says "multiple trauma sites, bleeding into lung which was the main issue on site, ketamine given, needle put into his chest to relieve air and blood spotted and then drain sited.
The broken bones are secondary concerns at the moment. The fact that he was walking around the site area shows that he had no major problems with his legs but they and his hips have been xrayed and no problems seen. abdomen looks clear from scans, also head and neck all appear ok. But they will continue to monitor all area's. Operation is required on clavicle but cannot go ahead until the lung is improved and they expect to see improvement in that in the next 24-48hrs. when a decision may be made about the operation."

not sure if I feel any better or not
<<hugs>> At least you know what's happening, I find it worse when I have no idea whats going on and can only imagine the worst. Sounds like he's in good hands and hopefully you'll get a full report from his Dad.

On a practical point - Tell his dad to see if he can buy a portable phone recharger, and charge it up in the car. That'll keep the phone going even if the actual battery starts to go flat and he can't charge off the mains. This kind of thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.