Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's all official, we're coming

It's all official, we're coming

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

frog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to all
Default It's all official, we're coming

Visas have been approved and we're New Zealand bound on 17th Sept....yippee.

Struggling to find a house to rent though - found a couple we like the look of on Trade Me but we can't access the contact details as trade me won't let us have an account until we have a New Zealand IP address (tried to get round it using proxies but still can't get in) - anyone willing to get me some access details off trade me for a couple of landlords? or willing to send them a message on my behalf asking them to email me?

Help would be gratefully appreciated at this stage.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

skybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's all official, we're coming

Frogg
Best bet is too book into a motel for a week and look for a rental then. The pictures on trade me can be so deceptive you really need to view.Use trade me to get a shortnlist first. Use the forum to ask about the areas that the rentals are located. Where are you looking to settle
Old Aug 4th 2011, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

frog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to allfrog99 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skybluestu
Frogg
Best bet is too book into a motel for a week and look for a rental then. The pictures on trade me can be so deceptive you really need to view.Use trade me to get a shortnlist first. Use the forum to ask about the areas that the rentals are located. Where are you looking to settle
Southern suburbs of Wellington ideally - from Newtown to Owhiro Bay. Quite like the look of Brooklyn or Kingston at the moment.

Someone from my husband's new work is viewing houses on our behalf but obviously we can't get her to view ones we can't contact landlord about
Old Aug 4th 2011, 7:01 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

It's annoying that we can't contact people on TradeMe isn't it! Hopefully someone here with an account will be able to help you out

I think the best thing is to get a short term solution and visit places you're interested in while you're there. Best of luck!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kija
It's annoying that we can't contact people on TradeMe isn't it! Hopefully someone here with an account will be able to help you out

I think the best thing is to get a short term solution and visit places you're interested in while you're there. Best of luck!
Thanks.

I've found this place in the centre of wellington that offers short-term accommodation at a reasonable price. might try there if we can't find a rental before we leave: http://www.viccentral.co.nz/
Old Aug 4th 2011, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice

Originally Posted by frog99
Visas have been approved and we're New Zealand bound on 17th Sept....yippee.

Struggling to find a house to rent though - found a couple we like the look of on Trade Me but we can't access the contact details as trade me won't let us have an account until we have a New Zealand IP address (tried to get round it using proxies but still can't get in) - anyone willing to get me some access details off trade me for a couple of landlords? or willing to send them a message on my behalf asking them to email me?

Help would be gratefully appreciated at this stage.
Hi Frog,

i am from Egypt and i have created an account on trademe and when i tried to log in my account been disabled, i contacted the support and i asked them to let me log in as i am a migrant and need to sort things up before traveling, they allowed me but without the permission to sell anything.

hope that will help
Old Aug 4th 2011, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kimoloop
Hi Frog,

i am from Egypt and i have created an account on trademe and when i tried to log in my account been disabled, i contacted the support and i asked them to let me log in as i am a migrant and need to sort things up before traveling, they allowed me but without the permission to sell anything.

hope that will help
I contacted them and they said they couldn't do it as their software would automatically keep blocking me.....i might try again nearer the time though - thanks for the info.