Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Introduction and Hello!

Introduction and Hello!

Old Oct 1st 2016, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Introduction and Hello!

Hi to all,

I just wanted to introduce myself (if I am in the wrong place please feel free to move this!), as I have been lurking here for years, since I moved from Oz to Nz in 2009! I found the the forum invaulable for information even if a lot was from the Uk, there was a lot of information I could still use for myself.

I joined recently as there were so many times I wished I could join in and answer, then thought I had better introduce myself in case anyone sees this strange person logged in down the bottom lurking and wondering who they are!

I am Australian, I was married for 20 years to a Christchurch boy, he had lived in Australia for 30 years and we headed back in 2009 with our then 2 younger girls. That's where the information on this forum was invalulable to me, and I thank you for that. We have been back in Oz for six years now and unfortunately I lost my husband four years ago to an illness, but am still planning with my girls (who are keen) to get back to live in NZ..crazy I know but i do prefer it there. We have been back a few times since for visits to see friends etc and even took my mum over, and am planning on heading back at the end of 2017.

I am by all means no expert but I have seen the odd person move from Oz to Nz so I can be of help there if anyone needs it.

I am obviously not a British expat myself, but most of my friends in Nz are and that's how I got this forum in the first place, although I don't think any are members.

Apologies for the essay of an introduction, I look forward to getting to know you on this forum!

Michelle
Old Oct 1st 2016, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction and Hello!

Hello and Welcome :-)
Old Oct 1st 2016, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SSky
Old Oct 1st 2016, 12:40 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and Welcome Michelle

always good to have people who have lived here and see the changes, your experiences may help others and its always good to have someone else perspective on things, even if they are different from your own.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Mrs Fychan!

This is true, we all have different experiences we can help with, good and bad!