Reload this Page >

Interview advice please

Interview advice please

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

icklewelsh1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview advice please

Hi there,

My partner has an interview for a job with a NZ company and they have asked me to also attend so that they can meet and "interview" me also.

I assume that this is to see if "we" are both suitable and serious for their investment in us for the relocation package.

Has anyone been through this? What are they likely to ask me??

I think I'm more nervous than my partner, who has to actually be interviewed for the job.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:50 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview advice please

They will be checking that you have done your research on the move and area, plus what things you will do to make friends and be able to settle well. That you are committed to your partner and the move. What you would do to try and source a job, rental, buying a house if that is what you want to do, how will you cope being away from family and friends, things along those lines
Old Apr 5th 2014, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice, looks like the interview is in a couple of weeks. Scared but excited at the same time
Old Apr 5th 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

LauraR is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband also had an interview a couple of weeks back which I had to attend,
Don't worry yourself it was absolutely fine, they were just pretty much taking about nz and about the company and then I had to sit outside whilst my husband had the interview as once that was done they called me back in and answered any questions we had etc.
Who is the interview with icklewelsh1?
Old Apr 6th 2014, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Laura, I hope it all goes well for you.

I am spending almost all my time researching everything I can to make sure it is a move that we both want and that we are not wasting anyone's time.

So many questions though and don't know where to begin.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

LauraR is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, hope everything goes well with you to

Mines all happening so quick only went for the interview last month and now were packing up and moving in July � ���� know what you mean tho i hope I'm making the right move for my childrens sake!
Old Apr 6th 2014, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

My OH and I went through a similar thing. He was interviewed first then they asked us both back for a chat.
They really just want to make sure you're not being dragged out against your will. Ours was very chilled out and relaxed. I managed to write down some queries I had from my point of view; looking at areas for housing and what not. They also made me aware of what his job would entail (a lot of travel to Asia) and wanted to see I would be ok completely on my own in a new country.
It is a way to make sure they're selecting the right person with the right family/spose/awesome admin monkey behind them