Reload this Page >

Internet, phones and more - moved to main forum

Internet, phones and more - moved to main forum

Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:06 am
Just Joined

bronnieb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internet, phones and more - moved to main forum

Hi everyone,
We've just moved to Auckland, and I'm trying to organise a phone, wireless broadband and a mobile. Does anyone have hints for the best deals? I'm confused as there are so many different deals on offer. We're also looking at Woosh. Has anyone tried it?
Thanks!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet, phones and more

It depends on whether you're in a long-term house or not. If you are, then the best deals I have seen recently are the unbundled deals from Orcon (I am a very happy Orcon customer but unfortunately can't get the unbundled service here). I would generally advise against woosh - I know several people who have tried it and had problems with bandwidth, latency and jitter on the network (ie it was a crap connection). There is (or at least was) a risk-free trial period you could get though, so you could always try that and get your $ back if not happy.
My other advice would be to use Skype, Skypeout or phone cards for all your calls back to UK, you'll save a ton of money.