Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Insurance for 85 year old traveller

Insurance for 85 year old traveller

Old Apr 26th 2018, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Insurance for 85 year old traveller

Hi people, sure it's been asked before but I couldn't find details. My darling dad is coming out mid December until end of February and is struggling to find travel insurance for a trip over 30 days. Anyone have any contacts or details of companies that family and/or friends have used. Many thanks
Old Apr 26th 2018, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance for 85 year old traveller

Don't have any personal experience, but maybe start with Age Concern in the UK (or whatever they're called now). From memory they were really useful with finding age specific products.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janiejones
Don't have any personal experience, but maybe start with Age Concern in the UK (or whatever they're called now). From memory they were really useful with finding age specific products.
I'll give that a go, thank you.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 7:24 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Saga d oit too but it costs a fortune if its to be anything meaningful. Remember that pre existing things have to be declared and will then get excluded from cover...
Old Apr 26th 2018, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Saga d oit too but it costs a fortune if its to be anything meaningful. Remember that pre existing things have to be declared and will then get excluded from cover...
Thank you :-)
Old Apr 26th 2018, 9:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by j19fmm
I suggest perhaps asking in the Moving Back to the UK forum Fi.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
I suggest perhaps asking in the Moving Back to the UK forum Fi.
Thanks sweets, think we have it sorted, looks like they'll do it on a 30 day basis and then renew that once in NZ
Old Apr 26th 2018, 9:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
You must inform the insurance company of any new/changed medications prescribed within 3 months of the travel date. The insurance company will probably withdraw coverage. Approx 8 years ago I insured my 85 yr old MIL to travel to the US for 14 days...approx £1,000...she had A.Fib and took blood thinners. Finding an insurance company to cover an 85 yr old is difficult...especially if there are pre-existing conditions. I could only find one that would insure her with her pre-existing conditions...sorry I cannot remember the name.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You must inform the insurance company of any new/changed medications prescribed within 3 months of the travel date. The insurance company will probably withdraw coverage. Approx 8 years ago I insured my 85 yr old MIL to travel to the US for 14 days...approx £1,000...she had A.Fib and took blood thinners. Finding an insurance company to cover an 85 yr old is difficult...especially if there are pre-existing conditions. I could only find one that would insure her with her pre-existing conditions...sorry I cannot remember the name.
Thank you, Jersey Girl
Old Apr 27th 2018, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

My mum, also in her 80's, comes over every year from early December till mid February and always uses good to go insurance.
https://www.goodtogoinsurance.com/
Old Apr 27th 2018, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RobDon
My mum, also in her 80's, comes over every year from early December till mid February and always uses good to go insurance.
https://www.goodtogoinsurance.com/
Thank you x