Reload this Page >

Info required pls-work visa and teaching

Info required pls-work visa and teaching

Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

missmaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info required pls-work visa and teaching

Hello from a very snowy Derbyshire
I have just joined the forum and if anyone could spare the time to answer a few questions I would be very grateful.
I have been a secondary school ICT (computers) teacher for eight years. I am currently a Head of Department in a large successful school. I am about to start the process of having my qualifications recognised by NZQA (downloaded the form read the info).
Q1: If I get offered a job and apply for a work visa does that also cover my boyfriend/partner with whom I have been living with for a year and a half? (loving the de facto element of NZ immigration!)
Q2: I have the National Professional Qualification of Headship (NPQH) is it worth getting this recognised by NZCA? I read a scary part in their guidance that stated sending a certificate/qualification that was not recognised by them would result in the application being denied.
Boyfriend is currently trekking through Thailand (he has sunburn, I have a foot of snow). He flies to Perth to stay with friends for a few weeks then out to Christchurch. He is renting a car and working his way up and I fly to Auckland at start of Easter hols to have a look around for two weeks.
Many thanks for taking the time to read this
Old May 16th 2009, 9:35 am
Just Joined

cjbl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info required pls-work visa and teaching

Hi, Missmaris, I also ICT teacher and actually work in Portugal. I am brazilian and portuguese and work in a public school. I have two years of experience + one year of probatorian. I would like to move to UK, so could I have an opportunity of work in the school that you work. I could send you my resume. I studied here in Portugal (bachelor of computer science - teaching) and continue studying at University of Coimbra (Computer Science Engeneering). If you wanted to help me...
Regards,

Claudio
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:10 am
Just Joined

jo_hedge will become famous soon enoughjo_hedge will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Info required pls-work visa and teaching

The more qualifications you can get assessed by NZQA the better, especially when it comes to salary assessment by your employer. So do get it assessed. Jo