info about huntly

Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

busterjaques is on a distinguished road
Exclamation info about huntly

hi everybody . have been reading these threads for a couple of weeks and would like some info about the mine in huntly waikato ? . Hope i spelt that wright ???? not a big computer buff. if any english miners out there or anybody in the know could u send us a line or too. am thinking of moving with partner whose a social worker and 2 kids.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info about huntly

Originally Posted by busterjaques
hi everybody . have been reading these threads for a couple of weeks and would like some info about the mine in huntly waikato ? . Hope i spelt that wright ???? not a big computer buff. if any english miners out there or anybody in the know could u send us a line or too. am thinking of moving with partner whose a social worker and 2 kids.
Don't know much about the mine in Huntly, the main employer in Huntly is the Power Station. I can tell you know you would not want to live in Huntly.

My wife found a job there on the Internet, she was told by the nursing agency that Huntly would not be the type of place we would want to live. When we drove through it (from Auckland to Rotorua) we understood why.

House prices are very cheap but there is not much happening there. You would be bored silly and feel isolated.

Rob
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

We stopped in Huntley enroute to Auckland recently. Hoped to find a nice cafe in the town. Usually there are nice cafes in NZ town, but not in Huntley. It really is a very downmarket town. You do not want to live there! We bought buns and cans of coke and parked up a few miles out of town by the river.

Probably commutable from Hamilton for work though.

Sorry.
Roger
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

I just know its a place i wouldnt want to stop on my way south from Aukland -

Hers's a couple of links http://www.huntly.net.nz

http://www.waikatodistrict.co.nz/tou...lyregion.shtml
Old Apr 1st 2005, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: info about huntly

thanks for the replys . was thinking about hamliton as a place to look at houses. cheers
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 11:11 am
Just Joined

welsh-chic is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replys . was thinking about hamliton as a place to look at houses. cheers
Hi,just found this thread whil i was reading back,,,dunno if you staill want any info,but my hubby works in the mine there,and we live in Hamilton,,let me know what you wanna know ?

Dawn
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: info about huntly

thanks welsh chic for reply, but didnt get post at huntly so have applied for a post at springcreek on south island. so if you could send any info about salarys if poss or about vacanies at the mine, it would be helpful. how far does your husband travel to get to the mine ?. when i applied for the post me and my partner were looking at hamilton for houses, it sounded ok.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 10:20 am
Just Joined

welsh-chic is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks welsh chic for reply, but didnt get post at huntly so have applied for a post at springcreek on south island. so if you could send any info about salarys if poss or about vacanies at the mine, it would be helpful. how far does your husband travel to get to the mine ?. when i applied for the post me and my partner were looking at hamilton for houses, it sounded ok.

Hi,
my hubby travels 25,30 mins to get to Huntly
He is on $27 hr which is a dam good wage over here.They usually advertise on their web site if there are any vacancies.They are taking on 8 people inJune this yr,but closing date has now closed as they have already started to interview
Dawn
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: info about huntly

Thanks for the info , welsh chic. hopefully i will hear something from the mine at greymouth.