Reload this Page >

importing car to NZ

importing car to NZ

Old May 23rd 2013, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

kodachrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: importing car to NZ

Good to know.

I had read the section before but must have skimmed over the bit about how much you can bring. I know one thing jumped out at me, the document authorising "residence".
Originally Posted by trafford
(i) has arrived in New Zealand and, on the date the motor vehicle is imported, holds a document authorising residence in New Zealand;
Clicking on the link explaining that term, it turns out it doesnt mean "Resident Visa", its way more open that that:

http://www.customs.govt.nz/inprivate...ault.aspx?s=8#
The term ‘document authorising residence’ means any of the following:
a New Zealand passport
an Australian passport
a current New Zealand residence visa, or a current New Zealand returning resident’s visa
a current permanent residence visa (including a resident return visa) issued by the Government of the Commonwealth of Australia
a current New Zealand work visa issued for a minimum of 12 months
a current New Zealand work visa issued under the Work to Residency (Skilled Migrant Category) policy or the Long Term Business Visa category
a current New Zealand visitor’s visa issued for a minimum of three years.*
Now Im taking this to mean my BUNAC Work Exchange Visa meets this requirement as thats what I'll be landing with. The BUNAC IEP is an actual paper Visa with "Work Visa - 12mths" written on it, so that seems pretty air tight.. hopefully.