Reload this Page >

Immigration to NZ! Please help!

Immigration to NZ! Please help!

Old May 9th 2022, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Ollieedwards92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration to NZ! Please help!

Hi
I'm a 29 year old electrician with a wife and three kids. We spoke about moving to NZ a few years ago but life took over and we didn’t pursue it. We’ve recently decided to find out more about living NZ, the pros and cons, property prices, areas with good schools, plenty of work and plenty of places to visit and explore.
Any advice, tips and general information anyone can give us would be much appreciated.
neither of us have been to NZ and we do plan to visit before we made the move permanent but from everything we hear it’s a beautiful place that will provide us all with a better life.
thanks in advance.
Old May 10th 2022, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration to NZ! Please help!

Can you reduce the scope of the question a little.

Just start whittling down the list of places you like the look of, see if there are any jobs and whether you can afford to live there.

1. Visit Immigration NZ and work out what you need to do to obtain a visa to work here
2. Have a look on Trademe or Seek to see if any jobs you might be able to apply for and what the pay is like
2. Have a look here at REINZ and also on Trademe Property to see where you think you might be able to afford to live
3. See if any of those place meet the brief of the beautiful places you have heard about

There are good and bad schools in every town / city but you need not concern yourself with that until you have secured yourself a job and a visa,

T&Cs Apply: We offer no guaranteed on providing you with a 'better life'.
Old May 10th 2022, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

As an electrician you can pretty much live anywhere. Check out Trademe and realestate.co.nz for types of property's and prices. You'll possibly have seen the recent threads about high house prices, but if you have equity in a ik property it's not so bad.
Old May 15th 2022, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Totara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ollieedwards92
Hi
I'm a 29 year old electrician with a wife and three kids. We spoke about moving to NZ a few years ago but life took over and we didn’t pursue it. We’ve recently decided to find out more about living NZ, the pros and cons, property prices, areas with good schools, plenty of work and plenty of places to visit and explore.
Any advice, tips and general information anyone can give us would be much appreciated.
neither of us have been to NZ and we do plan to visit before we made the move permanent but from everything we hear it’s a beautiful place that will provide us all with a better life.
thanks in advance.
Electricians can earn well here although I don't know specific information. But I do know that our kids experienced a more diverse lifestyle growing up here compared to UK. Of course it depends where you live and amount of disposable income but I think the climate allows a better quality of life. Outdoors is easily accessible and so much choice.
Old May 16th 2022, 12:44 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I have found the opposite to Totara, my kids did lots more sport & hobbies in the UK, everything here is so far away if not offered by schools.
As soon as my daughter finished college she hoped on a plane back to the UK, so dont expect kids to stay around once their education has finished. She returned luckily before the border closed here in NZ, and has taken up online Uni course, which enables her more freedom and at the moment she is in Australia.
My standard of living day to day is not as good as what I had in the UK. I'm on my fourth job, last 2 are with a Aus based company. the 2 before that were NZ companies & I left both because after bring them up to code and putting into place proper policies & produces still the fundamental mentality of the owners did not align to my standards, morals, integrity & self respect.

Life is not always greener on the other side, If I had my time again I would of tried a move within UK first, much easier, much cheaper and still means its a hell of a lot cheaper & easier to still see family.