Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I'm off back to blighty next month................

I'm off back to blighty next month................

Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default I'm off back to blighty next month................

to attempt to re-join the RAF. I did 10 years between 1990 and 2000 and to cut a long story short (some of you may remember) if I can get in we will be moving back. It's not going to be easy however as between 50% and 2/3 of people who go through this particluar stage dont get through - I'm referring to Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre (OASC) at RAF Cranwell. I will go there with all guns blazin of course (not literally)

http://www.prep4oasc.com/RAFselection.html

I'm going for Direct Entry Sergeant Air Traffic Controller - 9 weeks basic training (again - except 20 years older) and then 11 weeks Non-commisioned aircrew training................and then 6 months ATC training...

I have thought long and hard about the pros and cons but I have nothing to lose and plenty to gain (family back in UK and Ireland, a career). I've been doing daddy day care for our youngest whilst the wife gains great experience in the accountancy world and simply because I couldnt find anything that would pay anywhere near what she gets paid.

If I dont get in we will reassess and our possibilities will be to either make a go with it down here and hopefully find something to get my teeth into or .............. see what else comes up.............

Wish me luck
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm off back to blighty next month................

Very best of luck with it
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:17 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck!!...I think you might be going to the same selection assessment as the daughter of a dear friend so will be sending double good luck vibes!!
B x
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I have been following your saga for the past couple of years. No-one can ever accuse you of not trying. I really hope that you get the career of your choice back again. Good luck with everything.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, probably be joining you in the not to distant future!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

No-one can ever accuse you of not trying.
Aye - running out of options tho

probably be joining you in the not to distant future!!
really? how come?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:12 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

08:00 hrs in the UK very wet overnight and only 1/2 light as of yet. We have a bitterly cold NE wind blowing and 2 deg C. The weekend forecast is very cold weather returning bringing in night frosts together with the wind chill factor put on your long johns!...hope the new supplies of road salt have been delivered!

SWAP??????????????????????
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
08:00 hrs in the UK very wet overnight and only 1/2 light as of yet. We have a bitterly cold NE wind blowing and 2 deg C. The weekend forecast is very cold weather returning bringing in night frosts together with the wind chill factor put on your long johns!...hope the new supplies of road salt have been delivered!

SWAP??????????????????????
Yes..at least you don't have to worry about earthquakes and tsunamis. And no doubt your central heating can cope without costing you a small fortune as the insulation and double glazing keep the heat in.

Last edited by luvwelly; Jan 29th 2010 at 9:54 am.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:53 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Yes..at least you don't have to worry about earthquakes and tsunamis. And no doubt your central heating can cope.
Great for indoor living
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad
Aye - running out of options tho

really? how come?
Need a full time job, can't seem to get one here & need to start saving for the future again (pension). We just can't seem to keep up with the cost of living here anymore, the monthly bills here are ridiculous compared to our family & friends in the UK.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

All the very best of luck with this Zaras dad. We've been posting to the migrant boards together for years now & I will echo Capp on this one. I hope you gain your entry to the RAF. You deserve this. I hope to read good news from you soon.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Yes..at least you don't have to worry about earthquakes and tsunamis. And no doubt your central heating can cope without costing you a small fortune as the insulation and double glazing keep the heat in.
Good luck with the re join, by the way you can have d/glazing AND c/heating in NZ you know. I would rather have the tsunamis and earthquakes than all the scum bag chavs and delinquents that were part of my everyday life in Northampton any day...and I am not for one minute suggesting that is life in the UK per se..it was what OUR lives were like. There's many a fine place to live in the Uk away from human dross..I just could not afford to live there.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it i hope it works out for you

Neil
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

for you. Wishing you lots of luck
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:25 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck mate thats a braver move than coming here i think so hope it goes well.

This might be stating the obvious but why not try for the nzraf or forces here?

good luck

george

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.