Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I'm going to start following Auckland City FC, season starts next month

I'm going to start following Auckland City FC, season starts next month

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm going to start following Auckland City FC, season starts next month

Does anyone else go or does anyone fancy it?

Living in Henderson I was going to go watch Waitakere United but getting to the ground isn't easy if I want a few beers before, during and after.

At work we produce the Auckland City FC kits, I got talking to the women from Auckland City FC and decided it'd be better to follow them as I could get there easy enough on the train and bus. She's even giving me a first team strip.

First match at Kiwitea Street is against Team Wellington on Sunday 6th November.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

KenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I'm going to start following Auckland City FC, season starts next month

I just might join you for a few games. I work shifts and these could be due to change at the end of the month so can't committ to the 6th Nov just yet. What time do they normally kick off..?

Ken
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm going to start following Auckland City FC, season starts next month

They normally kick off at 2.30pm.

$50 for a season ticket, that's cheaper than just one Cat A game at Oakwell. It's $10 a match if you pay on the gate.

Keep me informed of your shifts and we'll arrange something.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 12:33 am
Just Joined

KenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the rough

Will let you know as soon as I do, watching second rate football will be just like watching my beloved Bury back in the UK. They even play in white..!!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KenJanine
Will let you know as soon as I do, watching second rate football will be just like watching my beloved Bury back in the UK. They even play in white..!!
I would normally be able to say the same about my beloved Barnsley but it sounds like we're playing well. Our new manager Keith Hill from your neck of the woods is working miracles.'

I''ll try and bag you a free shirt too.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Yeah, Mr Hill worked wonders at Rochfail, very underated manager, plays the game the correct way too.

Will be in touch when I know, hopefully know my shift pattern within a couple of weeks but will deffinately be up for some games.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

where do they play??
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Hi Col,

Check the link for the club website.

Ken

http://www.aucklandcityfc.com/contact/