Ideas

Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ideas

I will be coming out to Christchurch in about 18 months as my daughter is marrying a Kiwi. Obviously I want to have a holiday as well and would have liked to have visited the Whit Sunday Islands in Oz after the wedding and before coming home to the UK. Is that sensible as it seems to be going backwards! What about Snorkelling in New Zealand or is the water too cold.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 5:46 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ideas

Originally Posted by glynis
What about Snorkelling in New Zealand or is the water too cold.
Probably best to buy/rent a wetsuit
Take a look at these guys >>> http://www.blackcat.co.nz/
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Whitsunday Islands are great, we stayed at Daydream Island and Hamilton Island, Haven't been diving though so can't help there.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

If you get a "round the world" ticket, you could fly out via LA, then return by Sydney, Cairns, Singapore. You could also incorporate more than 1 NZ airport if you want to see NZ, eg arrive AKL leave CHC. It shouldn't cost much more than a straight return, last time I did this it was about £800. The other amazing option for snorkelling and scuba is Rarotonga, and if you fly Air NZ you should be able to get a stopover there at no cost.
If you have a light wetsuit I'd bring it for NZ, the water is warmer than UK in the summer but still not exactly tropical.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by glynis
I will be coming out to Christchurch in about 18 months as my daughter is marrying a Kiwi. Obviously I want to have a holiday as well and would have liked to have visited the Whit Sunday Islands in Oz after the wedding and before coming home to the UK. Is that sensible as it seems to be going backwards! What about Snorkelling in New Zealand or is the water too cold.
There are swim-with-the-dolphin type excursions available for NZ, i think near kaikoura, but a google search should point you in the right direction. You would need a wetsuit, but these are easy to hire, and if you sign up for any type of organised excursion the wetsuit hire will be included.

You should be able to fly back via aus easily enough, and take in a visit to the Whitsundays
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
If you get a "round the world" ticket, you could fly out via LA, then return by Sydney, Cairns, Singapore. You could also incorporate more than 1 NZ airport if you want to see NZ, eg arrive AKL leave CHC. It shouldn't cost much more than a straight return, last time I did this it was about £800. The other amazing option for snorkelling and scuba is Rarotonga, and if you fly Air NZ you should be able to get a stopover there at no cost.
If you have a light wetsuit I'd bring it for NZ, the water is warmer than UK in the summer but still not exactly tropical.
This sounds like the best idea, wedding first and then the holiday. Loved the whitsundays, but, where is Rarotonga? When we last visited Oz we came back via Fiji but I was disappointed in where we were which was really stoney and so dirt poor.