I wondered if.

Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all
Default I wondered if.

Hello everyone,

Yes, I wondered if I showed you something what you would think.
You see I have a talent that nobody knows about over here.
I designed and built what you see, but in these hard times its difficult trying to find a place for my skills.
We moved to Wellington in Jan 06 but have been up here in Auckland since Sept 06. Long story, but we would love to be down in Wellington again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GMx27YE8m4

Any thoughts?
Oh, and I am the guy in the red.
PMs welcome.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I wondered if.

Very impressive... maybe with you engineering mind and skills you should help sort out the railway expansion in Auckland and Wellington so we don't all have to pay extra tax on our fuel...
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all

Hi and thanks for your reply.
About a year ago I thought that my path should be to join the railway, I have no qualifications only a brain, and the only thing to prove it is what you have seen.
To get involved with rebuilding the railway would be a dream come true but where do I start? I suppose I need to know someone who already works there.
I have a very enquiring mind but nothing on paper.
Any idea on how to realize my dream?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terrier2
Hi and thanks for your reply.
About a year ago I thought that my path should be to join the railway, I have no qualifications only a brain, and the only thing to prove it is what you have seen.
To get involved with rebuilding the railway would be a dream come true but where do I start? I suppose I need to know someone who already works there.
I have a very enquiring mind but nothing on paper.
Any idea on how to realize my dream?
Have a look here...

http://www.ontrack.govt.nz/workingfo...s/default.aspx

http://www.kiwirail.co.nz/index.php?page=careers

Should be good for a starting point...
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thanks very much for your suggestion, I have registered with both thoses job sites and have also applied for a couple of jobs with them.
The problem is of course I dont fit into a given trade, maybe I should send them my C.V.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Kenyan refugees, I write award-winning operas, and manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.
I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook thirty-minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single handedly defended a small village in the Amazon basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I had trials with Manchester United, I am the subject of numerous documentaries.
When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my garden. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.
I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a calibrator of Glegg hammers.
Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have appeared on Through the Keyhole and won the gold plague. Last summer I toured Eastern Europe with a travelling centrifugal-force demonstration. I run the 100m in 9.65secs. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles.
Children trust me.
I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week, when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.
I have made extraordinary four course meals using only some vegetables and a Breville Toaster. I breed prize winning clams.
I have won bullfights in Madrid, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and chess competitions at the Kremlin. I have played hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis

I know I will get there in the end, its just that sometimes it all seems too hard.
Thanks for reading and also for your suport.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by terrier2
Hi,
Thanks very much for your suggestion, I have registered with both thoses job sites and have also applied for a couple of jobs with them.
The problem is of course I dont fit into a given trade, maybe I should send them my C.V.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Kenyan refugees, I write award-winning operas, and manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.
I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook thirty-minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single handedly defended a small village in the Amazon basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I had trials with Manchester United, I am the subject of numerous documentaries.
When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my garden. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.
I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a calibrator of Glegg hammers.
Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have appeared on Through the Keyhole and won the gold plague. Last summer I toured Eastern Europe with a travelling centrifugal-force demonstration. I run the 100m in 9.65secs. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles.
Children trust me.
I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week, when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.
I have made extraordinary four course meals using only some vegetables and a Breville Toaster. I breed prize winning clams.
I have won bullfights in Madrid, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and chess competitions at the Kremlin. I have played hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis

I know I will get there in the end, its just that sometimes it all seems too hard.
Thanks for reading and also for your suport.
I believe the only think that lets you down is the association to Man Utd!!!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My husband had trials in his youth for Wolverhampton Wanderers .

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 30th 2009 at 12:56 am. Reason: poxy emot
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:54 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

That's made me laugh - very good. Karma for comedy value ...
Old Mar 30th 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

I think we need something to make us laugh.
Thanks for the karma, I think its working.
I just wish I had taken a position with Manchester, knowing what I know now!
Wellington job needed.