British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   I Wish (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/i-wish-609937/)

love30stm May 19th 2009 2:47 am

I Wish

I wish people would stop starting threads about how bad everything is in New Zealand and comparing it to the UK, its not the Uk, life is what you make it, maybe im in a bad mood because its raining like hell but I just wanted to get it off my chest, now wheres the wine :lol::drinkwine:

love30stm May 19th 2009 2:48 am

Re: I Wish

Yes I am in a bad mood..blah

busterboy May 19th 2009 2:49 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 7583740)
I wish people would stop starting threads about how bad everything is in New Zealand and comparing it to the UK, its not the Uk, life is what you make it, maybe im in a bad mood because its raining like hell but I just wanted to get it off my chest, now wheres the wine :lol::drinkwine:

afternoon drinking....bad sign :)

love30stm May 19th 2009 2:50 am

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 7583750)

ha ha Im not really drinking but I wish I was :frown::rofl:

BEVS May 19th 2009 3:17 am

Red sky in the morning. Torrential rain warning. :cry_smile:

Red wine at night. Moderator's delight. :drinkwine:

Genesis May 19th 2009 3:22 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 7583740)

We have been moaned at for not being honest and ONLY giving the bright side of life in NZ..when we all know there's lots of bad stuff. People need contrast of the good and the bad and I see no harm in drawing contrasts betwixt what happens here in and NZ and what happens in the UK. There is little point in complaining about things that we as a whole can't change like not being close to europe..the weather or NZ TV v UK TV, or how the kiwi accent is annoying as some people do...BUT we can change peoples' driving..by law and otherwise.

BEVS May 19th 2009 4:14 am

Red sky at night. Sunshine delight :starsmile:

Red wine in the morning. A A calling. :scaredhair:

love30stm May 19th 2009 4:16 am

:lol: :rofl::rofl::drinkwine::drinkwine:

gina and danny May 19th 2009 8:54 am

we have found it quite hard going not knowing if we want to stay or not in nz, but i dont post about it as no one knows what its like till they get here and i would not want to influence anyones opinions on comming here, each to their own as they say,;)

nz is good and nz is bad, $1000000 to the person who can show me a country where is 100percent good

thought not.

Perry Groves May 19th 2009 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 7583750)

It's when it's Vodka for breakfast you have to worry:)

CarolineSwan May 19th 2009 9:28 pm

i'm with love on this one, no wonder some get called whinging pomms.

We dont live in the UK and obviously didn't want to which is why we all went through the long hard time of getting here..so why spend all of time moaning that its not like the UK ..

Yea theres some bad here just like everywhere in the world but to be honest it doesnt effect me so not going to waste time moaning about it. (just like it probably doesnt effect most of alot on here.) just going to enjoy living in the beautiful country i tried so hard to get into

irnbru14 May 19th 2009 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Genesis (Post 7583845)
We have been moaned at for not being honest and ONLY giving the bright side of life in NZ..when we all know there's lots of bad stuff. People need contrast of the good and the bad and I see no harm in drawing contrasts betwixt what happens here in and NZ and what happens in the UK. There is little point in complaining about things that we as a whole can't change like not being close to europe..the weather or NZ TV v UK TV, or how the kiwi accent is annoying as some people do...BUT we can change peoples' driving..by law and otherwise.

Don't get me started, stuck at home post knee op recouperating and nothing but infomercials on in the morning on all channels, what on earth is that all about?!?!? No I don't want an Ab King Pro I've just had reconstructive knee surgery thank you very much and just need to watch something to keep my brain from jumping out of my ear and running away...

On the positive side, thank god for central libarary's rather good DVD selection...

irnbru14 May 19th 2009 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by gina and danny (Post 7584620)
we have found it quite hard going not knowing if we want to stay or not in nz, but i dont post about it as no one knows what its like till they get here and i would not want to influence anyones opinions on comming here, each to their own as they say,;)

nz is good and nz is bad, $1000000 to the person who can show me a country where is 100percent good

thought not.

That place where the Teletubbies live, all green, giant fluffy rabbits, live in a big under the ground cool house, the sun smiles at you, the vacuum cleaner cleans up behind you and they have cool shaped toast...right how do I collect my money... :rofl:

CarolineSwan May 19th 2009 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru14 (Post 7586576)
That place where the Teletubbies live, all green, giant fluffy rabbits, live in a big under the ground cool house, the sun smiles at you, the vacuum cleaner cleans up behind you and they have cool shaped toast...right how do I collect my money... :rofl:

sounds fun lol

this charming man May 19th 2009 10:42 pm

100% perfect place? thats LaLa land.