Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I wanna come home!!!

I wanna come home!!!

Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default I wanna come home!!!

I'm in the uk at the moment, the first visit back since i moved to nz 3 1/2 years ago.
Once i'd walked around the shops and bought some clothes, and been to the pub to catch
up with a few mates, i realised that i was pretty much done here and now i just want to come home!!!
I've had a good time and had a good laugh but it feels small, cramped and dirty.Everybody looks miserable.
I spent some time in Italy before coming here, Italy was amazing, such a beautiful place
and friendly people compared to my week here in blightywhere its all doom and gloom and no one
even says hello or good morning.

Auckland felt like home before i left and now I just want to get back to my beach and my happy nz life.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:22 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I wanna come home!!!

Come home Col !!!!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:24 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts in the UK are you?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:14 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

That's exactly what we're doing next year [January]. Spending time in Italy and the UK. Italy is our holiday The UK visit is to spend time with family which I am really looking forward to - I won't have seen anyone for 3 years by the time we go over. It will be good to see the place again and I will be interested to see how I feel about the old country!.

When are you coming back home, Col?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Least you know this is where you belong now youve been back thou! but if you could just bring me back some english tea bags and some of me fav shampoo it wont be a wasted trip lol
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:36 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by killercat
Least you know this is where you belong now youve been back thou! but if you could just bring me back some english tea bags and some of me fav shampoo it wont be a wasted trip lol
Oooo, good call and I'll have some Coco Chanel and a bottle of Bolly from Duty Free please darling.

Glad you had a good time in Italy and caught up with family and friends. I found 5 days enough for my trip back!!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I suppose it's about why you returned to the UK in the first place. If it's just to catch up with pals , then maybe a week or so is enough. If it's to spend time with people that love you and you love them then perhaps it shouldn't feel that way.

Either way, you could always alter your flight dates easy enough. Why not have more holiday in Italy. Being a tourist is always fun.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Whereabouts in the UK are you?
Im in manchester....and its raining

Originally Posted by Persephone
That's exactly what we're doing next year [January]. Spending time in Italy and the UK. Italy is our holiday
When are you coming back home, Col?
If you get the chance go to Montepulciano in Tuscany, its THE most beautiful place i've ever been.
My flight home is on sat at 3.30pm i get back to my beach on monday at 10am

Originally Posted by killercat
but if you could just bring me back some english tea bags and some of me fav shampoo it wont be a wasted trip lol
Sorry but my bags already bursting with goodies (black england shirt 25 quid)
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Im in manchester....and its raining
That's where you've gone wrong i.m.h.o. . Manchester in the rain strewth...no wonder you want to come back.
FWIW I always return to the south of England (was born in North so allowed to slag rain in North off) and never want to come home early...I usually return for 3-4 weeks.

I enjoy the history/castles/quaint villages etc too much plus friends and family.
Just adding some balance here....it's also best to go back in the UK Summer.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

And, the thing is you can simply get in your car and drive down to Italy and all those wonderful places in Europe. Can't do that here.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Once i'd walked around the shops and bought some clothes, and been to the pub to catch up with a few mates, i realised that i was pretty much done here and now i just want to come home!!!
I lasted 3 days into my 22 day trip back to the UK before I was on the phone to Air NZ trying to bring my flight forward

Once I'd seen my family and done all of the above, I wanted to come 'home' too!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:12 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
That's where you've gone wrong i.m.h.o. . Manchester in the rain strewth...no wonder you want to come back.
FWIW I always return to the south of England (was born in North so allowed to slag rain in North off) and never want to come home early...I usually return for 3-4 weeks.

I enjoy the history/castles/quaint villages etc too much plus friends and family.
Just adding some balance here....it's also best to go back in the UK Summer.
Coming back in the UK summer...............???????????????
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 7:46 am

shuglu72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i thought that was funny too. April is now summer in the UK and the June/July/August just bumble by with not much sun at all. Its in the stats if you don't beleive me. Its been like that for around 6-7 years now.
That coupled with everyones miserable recession sodden faces is making this country VERY depressing. Even for those not having been here for a few years be perpared that the UK has changed from what you remember and folk will be more bitter/resentful than they were a few years ago. I don't blame Justcol for wanting to get home. Trust me we're not far behind you.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

wendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nice

Originally Posted by whitesand
And, the thing is you can simply get in your car and drive down to Italy and all those wonderful places in Europe. Can't do that here.
If you can afford the fuel costs and toll roads and put up with the traffic!!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:48 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wendy_woo
If you can afford the fuel costs and toll roads and put up with the traffic!!
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.