Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I have my Driving Test tomorrow

I have my Driving Test tomorrow

Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Cool I have my Driving Test tomorrow

and am feeling confident enough about it to not worry ..... YET

I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow I reckon - just hope I pass without killing anyone hehe :scared:

Wish me luck !! Will be back at 12.30ish so will let you know how I get on !!

Michelle xx
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of
Default Re: I have my Driving Test tomorrow

Best of luck with your driving test.

My husband has been staying in the UK with our 17 year old daughter to see her through her driving test. Her test is on 20th December (next Wednesday) and they are flying out the next day.

If she passes it will mean that she can drive, unrestricted, here but will still have to retake a therory and practical test within a year.

If she fails, I'll be a taxi driver!!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:13 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
and am feeling confident enough about it to not worry ..... YET

I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow I reckon - just hope I pass without killing anyone hehe :scared:

Wish me luck !! Will be back at 12.30ish so will let you know how I get on !!

Michelle xx
Good luck Michelle! Definitely let us know how it goes.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both of you ... but def no for me tonight

With a bit of luck tomorrow I'll be supping the Kiwi Bar dry

Michelle xx
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:46 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck :

Relax they are NOT there to fail you!!!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:49 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good luck! Get some Remedy Rescue if you're feeling overly nervous and you can just sail through with a grin on your face
Old Dec 12th 2006, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

GOOD LUCK MICHELLE!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Best of luck. Be thinking of you tomorrow.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I hoped you passed Michelle, let us know how you got on. Have had fingers & toes crossed for you all morning & it's getting a bit painful now .
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well ....... I failed !!! I clipped the bleeping kerb reversing round a corner !!!! Only had 4 minor faults in the whole test too - bugger!

Just checked for another test but there's none now til mid-January so am holding out for a cancellation!!!

Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger

Thanks for your wishes though xx

Michelle xx
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:13 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Well ....... I failed !!! I clipped the bleeping kerb reversing round a corner !!!! Only had 4 minor faults in the whole test too - bugger!

Just checked for another test but there's none now til mid-January so am holding out for a cancellation!!!

Michelle xx

Ahhh Hun - sorry to hear that - well fingers crossed for cancellation
Old Dec 13th 2006, 12:16 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle xx
Sorry to hear that, but next time is a cert
Off to the Kiwi Bar for commiserations?
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:46 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle xx
BUGGER! I'm sorry Michelle! Was that your first time taking it? I failed on my first time, but I expected to. I grew up in the 6th hardest place to pass your test first time around! LOL There was a town about 20 miles away which was the 4th easiest to pass your test in first time around. The waiting list for that place was really long! LOL!

I guess the rules have changed since I took my test... over 2 decades ago. Back then, you had to have either 2 or 3 months between tests, I forget which, unless you got a cancellation. Someone cancelled their test and I picked it up, was lucky it was just a month later.

I went up on the kerb on my reverse around the corner in my first test, too. I knew I deserved to fail, and that extra month was great for practice, as I knew what I was facing, then. During my 2nd test I stalled when about to go onto a roundabout, a very busy roundabout at that. The gap was closing quickly, so instead of going into neutral, putting the handbrake on, checking all mirrors, restarting the ignition, etc. etc., I stuck my foot on the clutch, turned the key and went! The instructor said that although I didn't follow the exact rules, I showed that I had a much better understanding of how a car works, and how to move quickly out of a situation. He also said if I hadn't done that, I might have got rear-ended from the person behind me, anticipating my move onto the roundabout!

Anyway, I'm waffling! Have a drink, several of them, and just relax for your next one. Now you know what to expect I'm sure you'll do fine.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
BUGGER! I'm sorry Michelle! Was that your first time taking it? I failed on my first time, but I expected to. I grew up in the 6th hardest place to pass your test first time around! LOL There was a town about 20 miles away which was the 4th easiest to pass your test in first time around. The waiting list for that place was really long! LOL!

I guess the rules have changed since I took my test... over 2 decades ago. Back then, you had to have either 2 or 3 months between tests, I forget which, unless you got a cancellation. Someone cancelled their test and I picked it up, was lucky it was just a month later.

I went up on the kerb on my reverse around the corner in my first test, too. I knew I deserved to fail, and that extra month was great for practice, as I knew what I was facing, then. During my 2nd test I stalled when about to go onto a roundabout, a very busy roundabout at that. The gap was closing quickly, so instead of going into neutral, putting the handbrake on, checking all mirrors, restarting the ignition, etc. etc., I stuck my foot on the clutch, turned the key and went! The instructor said that although I didn't follow the exact rules, I showed that I had a much better understanding of how a car works, and how to move quickly out of a situation. He also said if I hadn't done that, I might have got rear-ended from the person behind me, anticipating my move onto the roundabout!

Anyway, I'm waffling! Have a drink, several of them, and just relax for your next one. Now you know what to expect I'm sure you'll do fine.
Thanks all !!! It means a lot

Maz, this was my 2nd fail - but 1st this side of 6 years LOL. I did a crash course 6 years ago and wasn't ready for my test but the w***er shoved me in and I failed ... I never drove again until 6 weeks ago! I found a lovely lady who agreed to do my refresher course, and in just 6 weeks I know more than I was taught in a full course years ago! Grrrrrr.

She was gutted that I failed, she said it was very unheard of to fail with only 4 minor faults, so I feel good about that I didn't go up the kerb, I just tapped it and slammed on the brakes .... well I know that for next time now hehe.

I managed to get a test for 3rd January for a mid morning slot too - now i keep checking to find another cancellation for next week if possible Stranger things have happened

Got to clean upstairs now for a house viewing - not in the mood for it, got a pounding head and am shattered so they better not stay long

Will be back later for plenty of though xx

Michelle xx
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:07 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all !!! It means a lot

Maz, this was my 2nd fail - but 1st this side of 6 years LOL. I did a crash course 6 years ago and wasn't ready for my test but the w***er shoved me in and I failed ... I never drove again until 6 weeks ago! I found a lovely lady who agreed to do my refresher course, and in just 6 weeks I know more than I was taught in a full course years ago! Grrrrrr.

She was gutted that I failed, she said it was very unheard of to fail with only 4 minor faults, so I feel good about that I didn't go up the kerb, I just tapped it and slammed on the brakes .... well I know that for next time now hehe.

I managed to get a test for 3rd January for a mid morning slot too - now i keep checking to find another cancellation for next week if possible Stranger things have happened

Got to clean upstairs now for a house viewing - not in the mood for it, got a pounding head and am shattered so they better not stay long

Will be back later for plenty of though xx

Michelle xx

Good Luck with house viewing hun - let us know how it goes!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.