Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I have found my light at the end of the tunnel

I have found my light at the end of the tunnel

Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have found my light at the end of the tunnel

I've grumbled and moaned with the best of em on here about low wages and being broke.
However during the hard times i have never thought of giving up on NZ and new i just had to fing my way.
One of the great things about this place is the number of opportunities available if you want to consider starting a business.
I've been looking at this for some time and have now found a business thats pefect for me and will be up and running
in a month or two.
Starting a business is something i would never have concidered in the uk but the amount of
free advice and guidance that is available to new business's down here is great and getting set up neednt cost a fortune (its not for me)
so anyone else not happy with their financial situation i would reccomend giving your own business some serious thought.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: I have found my light at the end of the tunnel

Good news indeedy.

Don't forget, when you have the website for your new business, you can link to it using your BE signature.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Loking forward to hearing all about it x

Well done
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:41 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
I've grumbled and moaned with the best of em on here about low wages and being broke.
However during the hard times i have never thought of giving up on NZ and new i just had to fing my way.
One of the great things about this place is the number of opportunities available if you want to consider starting a business.
I've been looking at this for some time and have now found a business thats pefect for me and will be up and running
in a month or two.
Starting a business is something i would never have concidered in the uk but the amount of
free advice and guidance that is available to new business's down here is great and getting set up neednt cost a fortune (its not for me)
so anyone else not happy with their financial situation i would reccomend giving your own business some serious thought.

Good luck & well done!! wish you every success with your new venture
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

That's just what my son in law & daughter decided and have never looked back.

All the best to you in your new venture.

As BEVS suggested its in my signature
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:05 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

best of luck with your new business

Dewb
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:14 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news Col - anymore details on what you're doing?

We started our own business in September/October and are just starting to see it really take off. As you say, there's loads of advise and assistance out there and relatively little red tape.

Wishing you all the very best in your venture.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Good Luck !
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

More details when i'm ready to go.
thanks for the good wishes
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck and keep us posted!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by colandros
in a month or two.
Great news Colandros!!!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

lapis lazuli is an unknown quantity at this point

Why is there huge scope for home businesses if the market is so small? How is it that the big chains haven't cornered the market already?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

lapis lazuli is an unknown quantity at this point

^I was just curious, since I read somewhere that the size of the market actually prohibits much enterprise, but well done on finding your light!

Last edited by lapis lazuli; Jan 20th 2010 at 4:55 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:04 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lapis lazuli
^I was just curious, since I read somewhere that the size of the market actually prohibits much enterprise, but well done on finding your light!
Fab new Col, we be in NZ on sunday and yes I now know that you are miles away from us, but you never know we may meet up one day eh???? Especially with your new found buisness.

Tina. x
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:01 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

yep nice one.

I agree there is a much better chance for self employment here than I found in the Uk.

the simple fact here is (dunedin) if you do a good job at a fair price you will get work. Sure it takes ALOT of hard work and balls of steal and I didnt say it would be easy but the rewards can be great.

I for one could never work for a company again unless it was stacking shelves as a no brainer recreation!

one of the biggest piss me off's I found here was the so called 'vehicle charge' of between $15-$25's to come and do the job quoted for in a town that takes ten mins to get across!

My view is they are totaly crap. Why the hell should I pay for them to come in the vehicle they need to carry their stuff that they need to do the job.

Its not that I dont think all aspects of the biz shouldnt have a charge to it just that with common sense that 'charge' can be spread out so as not to be so in your face.

OK so you still end up paying it but if its added into the overall price it somehow dosnt bother as much.

works for me.

good luck mate and well done great news

george

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.