Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I hate this sort of day

Wikiposts

I hate this sort of day

Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I hate this sort of day

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Its weird, its literally not stopped raining! Crazy, and yet it STILL seems better the UK! Hey, is your husband called Neil?
No, no Neil, but if you know a cute Neil I could trade?????

Got to go to work now, I expect everybody is crawling along the motorway at about 30km an hour with no lights on and tail gating the car in front!!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jueinnz
No, no Neil, but if you know a cute Neil I could trade?????

Got to go to work now, I expect everybody is crawling along the motorway at about 30km an hour with no lights on and tail gating the car in front!!!
they say the north western is kind of busy
so you are probably right there
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:37 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jude J
Oh, I love it! Last night was cool, the wind was howling all night, I love the sound of rain on the tin roof
I just wish I had someone to fetch me coffee's during the day so I didn't have to run to the cafe.
I dont mind it but would be tens time better if I was at home, nice and warm, curled up on my sofa and watching a DVD with either George Clooney or Jonny Depp in it, bliss! but as I am stuck at work and have to go out in it, not so much fun! I tell ya, no good for the ol' hair though!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
we'll sort of...say's he'd like to go but is too scared:curse: i tell him that's normal but he say's he feels like he'll have a 'breakdown'

i'm a loving caring person BUT...pull yourself together man!!!

the thing is i try and give him options that we'd be able to come back if it's not for us, but he's not interested and just say's that if we go then it's for good and no going back...what bo##ocks...he's making it too final and that's freaking him out!!!

ho hum! your life in their hands!!!
Oh Not looking good then. What an imposible situation.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice

Originally Posted by jueinnz
What misserable weather!!!
For those of you in the UK...
It is dull and wet and windy....

Its kinda depressing, and I had to get up early because I always think that a tree is gonna get blown down on my house!!!
and like true unprepared people the garden funiture is still outside the patio heater has been blown down, the BBQ cover has probably flown away and the chairs are probably scattered all over the garden...

...but if thats all I have to moan about, I guess we are lucky!!! at least its not cold
Well we lost our power early this morning and its been on and off till now, that means we have no WC, shower, cooker or anything. It is like being back in the UK as we lived in the country there too ...... at least I can do some calls on the mobile and until the power goes off again surf the ex pat web site !!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:54 am
Banned

Hang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sky
I loved it last night with the fire lit and the sound of rain on the windows
It's great isn't it

I chopped my first load of firewood last weekend. Splitting wood is strangely satisfying. Having the fire on, and seeing snow on the mountains is great.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hang11
It's great isn't it

I chopped my first load of firewood last weekend. Splitting wood is strangely satisfying. Having the fire on, and seeing snow on the mountains is great.
oh you and your scenery again..dont make me jealous :again
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:15 pm
Banned

Hang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kwprwn
oh you and your scenery again..dont make me jealous :again
It's great, I love winter here, it's bloody freezing sometimes, but we take the kids snowboarding nearly every weekend, takes an hour and a half from leaving the house to being on a lift.

I get so excited when winter starts to come, and the snow starts to fall on the mountains, end up checking the Mt Hutt webcam every ten minutes throughout May, keeping an eye on it, ready for when it opens in June. Nearly got fired last year for bunking off work too much during the week to go snowboarding - I can drop the kids off at school at 8.30, be on a ski lift by 10.15, get off the mountain, at 3.30pm, knackered, and be back home for 5.30 even with the traffic
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hang11
It's great, I love winter here, it's bloody freezing sometimes, but we take the kids snowboarding nearly every weekend, takes an hour and a half from leaving the house to being on a lift.

I get so excited when winter starts to come, and the snow starts to fall on the mountains, end up checking the Mt Hutt webcam every ten minutes throughout May, keeping an eye on it, ready for when it opens in June. Nearly got fired last year for bunking off work too much during the week to go snowboarding - I can drop the kids off at school at 8.30, be on a ski lift by 10.15, get off the mountain, at 3.30pm, knackered, and be back home for 5.30 even with the traffic
You can really go off someone so so quickly particularly when they persist in making me jealous...I have all intentions of going skiing this winter now we are here...will be heading for Ruapehu (provided it doesnt decide to blow its top on us) I havent skiied for a while and really have to take it easy for the first time as I have a dodgy knee (old ski injury)

stop with the rubbing it in or i will come and push you off your snowboard
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:31 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

this normally isn't there - at all!! cool!!

Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Pixie, get ya boat ready love! It just isn't showing any sign of stopping here either. I just need a 5 minute break to run to the cafe and get a coffee then it can carry on again. I love it. Would rather be at home than at work but its cool here too, just been standing at the door watching the car park turn into a lake.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mind the weather at all..... it should help fill up our tanks nicely. But my 3 year old DS is really playing up. I got drenched when I took them both to Mainly Music this morning only for him to play up, he had a total meltdown and started crying and disrupting the class. I had to bring him home as he wouldnt snap out of it....which is what he wanted anyway so he got his own way. I rang my friend to have a moan only to find that meanwhile DS had emptied the liquid soap all over the toilet and the bathroom floor then walked round the house with it on his hands wiping it everywhere making things sticky. Now the baby is crying so I have to go.... will moan later

BTW love the pics PD.... it does look pretty doesnt it!! How r your donkeys? If they are as daft as horses they will prefer to stand out in the rain rather than use the shelter. Maybe you can coaz them in with some feed?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahB
I dont mind the weather at all..... it should help fill up our tanks nicely. But my 3 year old DS is really playing up. I got drenched when I took them both to Mainly Music this morning only for him to play up, he had a total meltdown and started crying and disrupting the class. I had to bring him home as he wouldnt snap out of it....which is what he wanted anyway so he got his own way. I rang my friend to have a moan only to find that meanwhile DS had emptied the liquid soap all over the toilet and the bathroom floor then walked round the house with it on his hands wiping it everywhere making things sticky. Now the baby is crying so I have to go.... will moan later

BTW love the pics PD.... it does look pretty doesnt it!! How r your donkeys? If they are as daft as horses they will prefer to stand out in the rain rather than use the shelter. Maybe you can coaz them in with some feed?
Sarah, the joys of having a 3 yr old hey? They are so cunning aren't they? As soon as they know your attention is elsewhere they do something like that! At least it is just soap, my friends son did something simular with paint, not kids paint, emulsion
I used to wait until my mum was chatting to someone at the door and climb up on a chair and dip my fingers in the sugar bowl and lick them.
Your baby is adorable by the way
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:47 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

{{Aw Sarah }}

the donkeys are being ridiculous! I've been out three times and out them in their stable ( it is really good, but doesnt have doors! Every time I get back to the house and look out - there they are standing back out in the rain looking miserable ( at least under a tree though)

It really isnt stopping - loads of roads are closed up here now - the main one into kerikeri is supposedly under water - I have no idea how Mr PD is going to get home

All our friends are calling eachother and saying - how high is the water at you - mines//whatever!! It's such fun! Brightens up what would have been a rather boring day! I just went out for a wee drive and it is crazy!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
{{Aw Sarah }}

the donkeys are being ridiculous! I've been out three times and out them in their stable ( it is really good, but doesnt have doors! Every time I get back to the house and look out - there they are standing back out in the rain looking miserable ( at least under a tree though)

It really isnt stopping - loads of roads are closed up here now - the main one into kerikeri is supposedly under water - I have no idea how Mr PD is going to get home

All our friends are calling eachother and saying - how high is the water at you - mines//whatever!! It's such fun! Brightens up what would have been a rather boring day! I just went out for a wee drive and it is crazy!
Oh the donkeys...reminds me of Eeyore. Always under a rainy cloud, bless.
It looks like is has slowed down a bit here, going to make a dash for the cafe in a mo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.