Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I hate this sort of day

I hate this sort of day

Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default I hate this sort of day

What misserable weather!!!
For those of you in the UK...
It is dull and wet and windy....

Its kinda depressing, and I had to get up early because I always think that a tree is gonna get blown down on my house!!!
and like true unprepared people the garden funiture is still outside the patio heater has been blown down, the BBQ cover has probably flown away and the chairs are probably scattered all over the garden...

...but if thats all I have to moan about, I guess we are lucky!!! at least its not cold
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:34 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate this sort of day

Ditto... 9.34am and 2 year old is already bored.... DVD and ironing day today!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:37 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

ChCh miserable too. Autumn's on it's way...

...then Winter and SKIING!!! YAY!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Oh, I love it! Last night was cool, the wind was howling all night, I love the sound of rain on the tin roof
I just wish I had someone to fetch me coffee's during the day so I didn't have to run to the cafe.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:44 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz

Its kinda depressing, and I had to get up early because I always think that a tree is gonna get blown down on my house!!!
and like true unprepared people the garden funiture is still outside the patio heater has been blown down, the BBQ cover has probably flown away and the chairs are probably scattered all over the garden...

...but if thats all I have to moan about, I guess we are lucky!!! at least its not cold
Its weird, its literally not stopped raining! Crazy, and yet it STILL seems better the UK! Hey, is your husband called Neil?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:46 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

It's craazy in northland!
So far I have been up on the roof twice this morning trying to fix the flashing as we have almost as much water in the house than outside.
The fields have turned into swimming pools and I cant get the donkeys to stay in their shelter. The bulls look like they are going to cry, the dogs are getting cabin fever cos it was like this all day yesterday too - when I let them out this morning they went mad! I have to go shopping to post my mums birthday present - but the yard is about 3 inches deep in water!! OMG!!! its so funny!

Someone has a rain gauge and its reading almost 200mm since yesterday! thats a lot.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jueinnz

we still have our garden furniture out, its looking decidely wet this morning, so going to move it in the garage tonight to dry out

Its very grey here in Newmarket, I have left my parents to fend for themselves in the house today (over from the UK) dont think they will be going very far
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:49 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
It's craazy in northland!
So far I have been up on the roof twice this morning trying to fix the flashing as we have almost as much water in the house than outside.
The fields have turned into swimming pools and I cant get the donkeys to stay in their shelter. The bulls look like they are going to cry, the dogs are getting cabin fever cos it was like this all day yesterday too - when I let them out this morning they went mad! I have to go shopping to post my mums birthday present - but the yard is about 3 inches deep in water!! OMG!!! its so funny!

Someone has a rain gauge and its reading almost 200mm since yesterday! thats a lot.
In our new house, we have one of those water tanks that collects water because its not on the mains, this weather means I won't have to worry about getting in filled for a long time, YAY!

Ah, poor bulls :-( It is funny how this country gets completely water logged and then when it stops it'll all disappear!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:50 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I loved it last night with the fire lit and the sound of rain on the windows, I love it today too cos it's feeling really autumnal and it's my day off work so I'm meeting up for lunch with a girlfriend
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jude J
Oh, I love it! Last night was cool, the wind was howling all night, I love the sound of rain on the tin roof
I just wish I had someone to fetch me coffee's during the day so I didn't have to run to the cafe.
I have a spare kettle if you want it to have at work...i love the sound too, as long as I am warm and dry...i dont mind walking in it as long as I am dressed appropriately
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:52 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Well even though it's lovely here...been about 17 oc today...i've felt bloody miserable.

bah humbug!!!

it's been three weeks since i've had a shoulder operation, i can't drive...the day before the op my new car was delivered...so all i can do is look at it longingly.

i want my husband to make his mind up if we're coming to NZ or not

my 15 yr old is hormonal

my 13 yr old is nearly hormonal

soooooo in the scheme of things i've not got alot to moan about, but i'm the type of person who likes to know where i'm heading...as far as i can i like to know my path...but my path at the moment is in the decision of my husband!!!

anyway, will stop my moaning and give myself a kick up the arris!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:56 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Well even though it's lovely here...been about 17 oc today...i've felt bloody miserable.

bah humbug!!!

it's been three weeks since i've had a shoulder operation, i can't drive...the day before the op my new car was delivered...so all i can do is look at it longingly.

my 15 yr old is hormonal

soooooo in the scheme of things i've not got alot to moan about, but i'm the type of person who likes to know where i'm heading...as far as i can i like to know my path...but my path at the moment is in the decision of my husband!!!

Its a shame you're not here, we could sit on the sofa together, eat chocolates and have a good old pity party! By the time you get here, we'll all be fixed, so I'll save you a place on my sofa for a good old drinking party!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Its a shame you're not here, we could sit on the sofa together, eat chocolates and have a good old pity party! By the time you get here, we'll all be fixed, so I'll save you a place on my sofa for a good old drinking party!
Ah thank you...we'll have to have a cyber pity party...i'll go out and buy some chocolate tomorrow and sit there and toast us and our pity party and stuff chocolate like it's going outa fashion

DEAL!!! (you'll have to pretend it's choc)
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mandie.H

bah humbug!!!

my 15 yr old is hormonal

Oh Mandie, you must be going bonkers, I know I would be. Is he at least thinking about it again?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jude J
Oh Mandie, you must be going bonkers, I know I would be. Is he at least thinking about it again?
we'll sort of...say's he'd like to go but is too scared:curse: i tell him that's normal but he say's he feels like he'll have a 'breakdown'

i'm a loving caring person BUT...pull yourself together man!!!

the thing is i try and give him options that we'd be able to come back if it's not for us, but he's not interested and just say's that if we go then it's for good and no going back...what bo##ocks...he's making it too final and that's freaking him out!!!

ho hum! your life in their hands!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.