I got the job!

Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:56 am
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice
Default I got the job!

Hi
After all your really helpful replies to my last post bemoaning the state of the housing market, just wanted to let you know that I got the job I applied for after 2 phone interviews over the last couple of weeks.

I accepted it last night and will start mid April. We aim to go over sometime around 2nd-8th April.

We've decided to rent out our house, there is just too much to do to sell it and I would rather keep it as an investment as all my earnings for the last few years have been poured into the renovation work, so I view it as my pension. I feel much happier with that decision.

I will be working in Auckland CBD so we are looking at rentals that are not too far out as I have heard how bad the traffic has got in recent years so I'm wondering whether I can cycle in.

Exciting times ahead -we are looking forward to being reunited with old friends and getting on with the next stage of our lives..........
Old Feb 16th 2011, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default Re: I got the job!

Originally Posted by nik
Hi
After all your really helpful replies to my last post bemoaning the state of the housing market, just wanted to let you know that I got the job I applied for after 2 phone interviews over the last couple of weeks.

I accepted it last night and will start mid April. We aim to go over sometime around 2nd-8th April.

We've decided to rent out our house, there is just too much to do to sell it and I would rather keep it as an investment as all my earnings for the last few years have been poured into the renovation work, so I view it as my pension. I feel much happier with that decision.

I will be working in Auckland CBD so we are looking at rentals that are not too far out as I have heard how bad the traffic has got in recent years so I'm wondering whether I can cycle in.

Exciting times ahead -we are looking forward to being reunited with old friends and getting on with the next stage of our lives..........
MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!! It must feel great.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

That's fantastic news good luck with your new life

Angela c
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:37 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant....great to hear some good news Congratualtions!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

well done! good luck on all your plans
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Congratulations! Great feeling isn't it?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rick78
Congratulations! Great feeling isn't it?
I got one 3 weeks ago too... I was pleased...

Congrats Nik..
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:23 pm
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Congrats to you too Wessa and Rick78!

I am really pleased- after the shock of hubby being made redundant out of the blue, it seems like things are going to plan!

Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nik
Congrats to you too Wessa and Rick78!

I am really pleased- after the shock of hubby being made redundant out of the blue, it seems like things are going to plan!

Thanks Nik and for us all eh..

We are doing the same as you with the house..
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Nik. Where you live depends on Budget, what type of lifestyle you want, whether you have kids or not.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nik
Hi

Well done and congratulations!

I work in the CBD and I cycle in from Kohimarama. Easy enough to be honest - there is traffic of course but it ain't London. One thing to bear in mind - the hills around the CBD are very steep, so either a mountain bike or a road bike with a compact chainset is in order. Otherwise, expect to get wet and it's all good!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:57 am
nik
Forum Regular

I love Kohi, we have previously lived in Mission bay and St Heliers, and that part of Auckland is where we would like to be. I can't think of a nicer start to the day than a cycle down Tamaki Drive - unless its pouring down!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Cycling to work is something I'd definitely consider... but of course it depends on how far I have to go and whether there are showers at work!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nik
I love Kohi, we have previously lived in Mission bay and St Heliers, and that part of Auckland is where we would like to be. I can't think of a nicer start to the day than a cycle down Tamaki Drive - unless its pouring down!
Cycling to work in the CBD is excellent, the views superb and a great way to wake up in the morning and wind down after work. The hills are not too bad, the cycle paths are continuing to improve. The only downside is the wind and rain at times and some of the drivers do not believe in sharing the road.