Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I feel crap. Cheer me up

I feel crap. Cheer me up

Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:59 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I feel crap. Cheer me up

Originally Posted by sky
I can understand your frustration, are you still going to come over for a look see on your own?
Yeah I think so. Maybe gonna book it all tomorrow. Will have a chat tonight with my missus when she gets back from work

Plan now is for me to hire a budget car. I wanted a campervan with a toilet ect. but the cost :scared:

So now its a hire car, buy a tent and rough it for 17 days and piss in a bucket
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:01 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
I wish none in the house :scared:

Parents. They just dont want to talk about us moving or even visiting NZ

Kinda burying their heads and hoping its not going to happen. I asked today if they would look after the kids so that me and the wife can come over and have a look around. In a way we want to come over and find that its NO better or different to the UK and that we dont need to up-root our kids and upset my parents, if you can understand that?

But oh no, our minds are already made up, which they are not! Apparently you can find everything out on the internet (my folks dont have this) that we need to know about NZ. I beg to differ. We want to come over and have a look for our selves without the hassle of the kids so that we can gain as much info as we can without treating it as a holiday.

Anyway I feel better now
Understand, Jack. How many kiddos and how old? We have one 5-year old and we don't have anyone for her to stay with (MIL is unwilling for more than a few hours) and I think I'd miss her too much (daughter, not MIL... ha ha ) anyway.

My MIL is more understanding than my parents. We live literally 1 mile from my MIL and she's moving in at the end of the month for a few months, pending the completion of her new house. My parents want to see if we'd move to Europe. We have their only grandchild, and despite the fact that they pushed me out the door as soon as possible when it was time to send me away to college (actually they wanted to send me to boarding school from 11 on, I hated that idea, felt pushed away), they now want us near them. I don't think they realise how much England has changed since I lived there, and I don't want my daughter growing up there.

I just hit upon a way to get us over there faster... I have company shares I can sell. Woo hoo! That will pay for 2 of our tickets. I put in very little per month, and regularly forget about the shares, but this will make it easier, for sure.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:03 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think so. Maybe gonna book it all tomorrow. Will have a chat tonight with my missus when she gets back from work

Plan now is for me to hire a budget car. I wanted a campervan with a toilet ect. but the cost :scared:

That'll certainly get rid of the rose tints then :scared:
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

I wish none in the house :scared:

Parents. They just dont want to talk about us moving or even visiting NZ

Kinda burying their heads and hoping its not going to happen. I asked today if they would look after the kids so that me and the wife can come over and have a look around. In a way we want to come over and find that its NO better or different to the UK and that we dont need to up-root our kids and upset my parents, if you can understand that?

But oh no, our minds are already made up, which they are not! Apparently you can find everything out on the internet (my folks dont have this) that we need to know about NZ. I beg to differ. We want to come over and have a look for our selves without the hassle of the kids so that we can gain as much info as we can without treating it as a holiday.

Anyway I feel better now
would definitely recommend a visit to see what things are like etc

ok something to cheer you up

we have just bought a house here and here is something that never even crossed my mind

EARTHQUAKE COVER :eek

why dont they just throw volcano cover in, seeing as though they expect Auckland to turn into one great big volcano at some stage or another

hope you feel better soon, am sure your parents will come round to your way of thinking, after all it is your lives not theirs, there are times in life when you have to be selfish
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:10 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
would definitely recommend a visit to see what things are like etc

ok something to cheer you up

we have just bought a house here and here is something that never even crossed my mind

EARTHQUAKE COVER

why dont they just throw volcano cover in, seeing as though they expect Auckland to turn into one great big volcano at some stage or another
Thank you for selling the idea of living in Wellington to me! LOL
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz
Thank you for selling the idea of living in Wellington to me! LOL
they still get earthquakes in wellington you know :scared:

and I am sure we can find a small volcanoe or two for you.....
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:28 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Understand, Jack. How many kiddos and how old? We have one 5-year old and we don't have anyone for her to stay with (MIL is unwilling for more than a few hours) and I think I'd miss her too much (daughter, not MIL... ha ha ) anyway.

My MIL is more understanding than my parents. We live literally 1 mile from my MIL and she's moving in at the end of the month for a few months, pending the completion of her new house. My parents want to see if we'd move to Europe. We have their only grandchild, and despite the fact that they pushed me out the door as soon as possible when it was time to send me away to college (actually they wanted to send me to boarding school from 11 on, I hated that idea, felt pushed away), they now want us near them. I don't think they realise how much England has changed since I lived there, and I don't want my daughter growing up there.

I just hit upon a way to get us over there faster... I have company shares I can sell. Woo hoo! That will pay for 2 of our tickets. I put in very little per month, and regularly forget about the shares, but this will make it easier, for sure.
Liv's 2 and Louis is 6.

My mum will be retireing next year (she could now but....) and they have a house in France and will be over there for 2 weeks out of every month. Yet we are wrong for going to NZ

Parents
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

A little tornado would be nice. Nothing too dramatic, but I would love to see one. One day last summer we were at a friends house having a bbq, the clouds that day were particularly amazing, my parents were on hols with us at the time and all of us were looking at the sky. Either later that day or the next day we found out there had been a big water spout thingy out in the gulf, if we had been at ours we probably would have seen it
We dont have a survival pack but shane brought a wind-up radio, which he said would be usefull in an emergency. So we might starve but at least we can do it listening to The Edge or something!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

oh yes the earth moves down here too!! , most of them you don't notice though we've only felt about 2 in 6/7 months
http://www.geonet.org.nz/recent_quakes.html
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:54 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by poppets
oh yes the earth moves down here too!! , most of them you don't notice though we've only felt about 2 in 6/7 months
http://www.geonet.org.nz/recent_quakes.html
Oh granted I know there are quakes all over, but isn't Auckland built on something silly like 48 volcanoes?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:16 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

We did it in March/april. Kids with mother, Hire car for me and OH, backpacked round Sth Island for 3 weeks. altogether spent about £2250 including flights. great holiday and we saw enough for it to be what we wanted. Do it
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jude J
Shane brought a wind-up radio, which he said would be usefull in an emergency. We might starve but at least we can do it listening to The Edge or something!
Must get me one of them.

We've a survival pack and stores but I keep dipping into 'em. I also forget to renew the water in the containers.

We've felt three earthquakes in two and a half years. Husband was up for experiencing an earthquake tremor until he felt the first one, then he went right off the idea.

Where are you heading for Jack Daws?

Are there other folks your children could stay with aside from your parents?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
Oh granted I know there are quakes all over, but isn't Auckland built on something silly like 48 volcanoes?
something like that

makes you wonder why you moved here or even want to move here????

puzzling questions that you dont really have an answer too
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
A little tornado would be nice. Nothing too dramatic, but I would love to see one. One day last summer we were at a friends house having a bbq, the clouds that day were particularly amazing, my parents were on hols with us at the time and all of us were looking at the sky. Either later that day or the next day we found out there had been a big water spout thingy out in the gulf, if we had been at ours we probably would have seen it
We dont have a survival pack but shane brought a wind-up radio, which he said would be usefull in an emergency. So we might starve but at least we can do it listening to The Edge or something!
I have an awesome picture of a tornado/water spout that my toyboy sent me when he was working in Corfu, but it is on my home pc, will have to email it to my work email address and post it on here...at least I think I still have the picture

we dont have a survival pack, but maybe we should do...
those adverts on the tv make me laugh as it makes you wonder, would you really want to listen to the radio to tell you that the country is exploding under a volcano...could be a kind of scary scenario
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

I have an awesome picture of a tornado/water spout that my toyboy sent me when he was working in Corfu, but it is on my home pc, will have to email it to my work email address and post it on here...at least I think I still have the picture

we dont have a survival pack, but maybe we should do...
those adverts on the tv make me laugh as it makes you wonder, would you really want to listen to the radio to tell you that the country is exploding under a volcano...could be a kind of scary scenario

You have a toyboy, you little minx?

not sure what I would do in the case of a big earthquake, I have a feeling my house would collapse without much effort... so I'm not sure we need a survival pack!! sorry, I suppose I ought to take it seriously sometime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.