I could scream

Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:15 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy I could scream

We are STILL waiting for a decision from Immigration & to say we are stressed is an under statement

I go from yes we're going, to they're going to say no almost on a blink

We were originally told a week, then that was changed to the end of this week because the gentleman is busy. The deadline is tomorrow & if they make us sweat fro a second weekend, I think I might need help from KarenB!!!

Just want to know now, be it good or bad; but please god let it be good. I've never felt sooo low in the whole of this process as I do now
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:43 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I could scream

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
We are STILL waiting for a decision from Immigration & to say we are stressed is an under statement

We were originally told a week, then that was changed to the end of this week because the gentleman is busy. The deadline is tomorrow & if they make us sweat fro a second weekend, I think I might need help from KarenB!!!

Just want to know now, be it good or bad; but please god let it be good. I've never felt sooo low in the whole of this process as I do now
Oh Sarah, poor you, the waiting in limbo is a nitemare, I know my hubby wouldn't move on to the next stage of booking anything or handing in notice until the blue sticker was back! It's soooo frustrating.

If you have to go another weekend, so be it ... do something really nice to treat yourselves and take your minds off it. I find shopping and eating help - not to mention copious amounts of alcohol!!

But hopefully it won't come to that and you'll know tomorrow? Fingers crossed smilie!!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:56 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes go get some retail therapy ... it helps no end
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:57 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Wise lady!

I hope they don't make you sweat it for another weekend!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:06 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning Sarah,

I am sorry to hear that they are still f&*^ing you guy around.

If this was America, you would be entitled to walk in with a AK-47.

Seriously, you should get on the phone to your CO manager. Explain the situation and ask if they can help. You are paying for this "service".

Wine is still on ice.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:09 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky

Tried that. Couldn't find anything to buy !!!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:12 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Tried that. Couldn't find anything to buy !!!!

Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:29 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Morning Sarah,

I am sorry to hear that they are still f&*^ing you guy around.

If this was America, you would be entitled to walk in with a AK-47.

Seriously, you should get on the phone to your CO manager. Explain the situation and ask if they can help. You are paying for this "service".

Wine is still on ice.

I could do with the wine NOW!!!! Nearly run out here.

How's Melissa?? I hope you're looking after her well. Is the weather holding out for the Harvest?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:55 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's like someone turned on a switch that says "Autumn".

Snow on the mountains, vines are starting to turn colour, beautiful warm clear days, nippy at night.

Mel is fine, but a bit stressed and tired depending on how the day has gone. Harvest is in full swing now, but everyone is jittery about the weather.

Hopefully, you will get here to see the tale end of it.

Got the telescope BTW! Just got to put it together now!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:03 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Well it's like someone turned on a switch that says "Autumn".

Snow on the mountains, vines are starting to turn colour, beautiful warm clear days, nippy at night.

Mel is fine, but a bit stressed and tired depending on how the day has gone. Harvest is in full swing now, but everyone is jittery about the weather.

Hopefully, you will get here to see the tale end of it.

Got the telescope BTW! Just got to put it together now!
Ooh excellent about the 'scope! Love harvest time myself. We're going to be tramping some grapes (that's not the right term, is it?) when we're in Masterton.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:18 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

I go from yes we're going, to they're going to say no almost on a

We were originally told a week, then that was changed to the end of this week because the gentleman is busy. The deadline is tomorrow & if they make us sweat fro a second weekend, I think I might need help from KarenB!!

Really sorry you're still waiting...don't these people realise it's real people lives they're mucking about with...a deadline is a deadline and should be kept to. I really hope you hear tomorrow and that it's good news, will be thinking of you

here's a few drinks on me...
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:35 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

The waiting's terrible isn't it?

I walked around with my hands over my ears going "la la la I'm not listening, I'm not thinking about it, la la la"

Worked for me.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:00 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Advice:
Take 1 large fluffy pillow and hold it over your face (lightly!)
Scream into the pillow just as loud as you can
Repeat several times
Take 1 large fluffy pillow and pummel the hell out of it.
Repeat several times
Take 1 large glass of wine
Drink
Repeat several times

There - that help?!

Seriously though, I can really empathise with what you are going through. Ours didn't take as long but it still seemed to go on forever. And the worst of it is, there seems to be nothing you say or do that moves things along. Fingers crossed and some 'hurry up' Karma
Karen B
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:33 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I guess it's an easier task inside New Zealand. Last June I handed in our completed ITA in on a Wednesday afternoon and they got back to me the next day saying everything was fine except for a small matter about the meds and it takes exactly three weeks for the NZIS quack to sign off. Three weeks later we got the letter saying drop off your passports and a chunk of money and we'll slap in those blue stickies. Easy as...

Things tend go easier when boots are on the ground. At least that has been my experience. YMMV

Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:34 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by happynz
I guess it's an easier task inside New Zealand. Last June I handed in our completed ITA in on a Wednesday afternoon and they got back to me the next day saying everything was fine except for a small matter about the meds and it takes exactly three weeks for the NZIS quack to sign off. Three weeks later we got the letter saying drop off your passports and a chunk of money and we'll slap in those blue stickies. Easy as...

Things tend go easier when boots are on the ground. At least that has been my experience. YMMV

What happens if your medicals aren't in order, but you're already in NZ and working, maybe have even already bought a house?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.