Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

i am never ever ever having another shed !!!

i am never ever ever having another shed !!!

Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default i am never ever ever having another shed !!!

OMG - it's taken me since 8.30am to gut my shed out and dispose (nearly all) of the contents! Made a loss selling tools and stuff but they wasn't earning money sitting in shed collecting dust

I am dirty, stinky, smelly and probably have millions of spiders crawling around in my hair - but I can honestly say I probably have the tidiest, cleanest, fresh-smelling shed in Blackburn NEVER having another shed again! This has been the most daunting task in this whoe emigration lark

Take my warning peeps - make someone else do yours! Off for a shower now, get into my PJs and wait for Doctor Who to come on

Michelle x
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:37 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i am never ever ever having another shed !!!

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
OMG - it's taken me since 8.30am to gut my shed out and dispose (nearly all) of the contents! Made a loss selling tools and stuff but they wasn't earning money sitting in shed collecting dust

I am dirty, stinky, smelly and probably have millions of spiders crawling around in my hair - but I can honestly say I probably have the tidiest, cleanest, fresh-smelling shed in Blackburn NEVER having another shed again! This has been the most daunting task in this whoe emigration lark

Take my warning peeps - make someone else do yours! Off for a shower now, get into my PJs and wait for Doctor Who to come on

Michelle x

So who will be the first to make a joke about how you'd better not buy a house in NZ then, since they're all (allegedly) sheds?!

Oh me! I am joking of course, but the thought just flashed into my brain instantly having read it more than a few times on here!

Well done Michelle. I don't think that was too bad, sorting out a shed in less than a day! Good going I'd say.

We've just enjoyed a very civilised and enjoyable dinner in the garden (really should have BBQ'd but hubbie says we need a knew barbie first - hmm?) consisting of lovely sausages courtesy of Waitrose, jacket potatoes with oodles of melted butter and cheese and a yummy salad. With shandy/lager and then a delicious piece of Toblerone. Yum.

Life is great when the sun shines.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Michelle x
Well done Michelle. The closest we ever get to having a sort out of the sheds is a car boot. One at the beginning of May, so hopefully sell a few things there. Then we can start sorting out everything else. Even though we haven't even done an EOI or applied for a WTR we want to get everything sorted out in the house. I think the old heartstrings will be broke over a few things. But you have to move on and much as we like, we can't take everything with us.

May just call on you to do our loft.....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:17 pm
The Levy's are coming!!!!

Sal41 will become famous soon enoughSal41 will become famous soon enough

Michelle x
Well done hun,

I've just spent the day scrubbing our rental house!!! so I can sympathise with how your feeling, although the children did come round to 'help' within 5 minutes they were arguing so it already feels like home!! we will probably move in within the next week or so, then we can get the removals company to come in and pack all the NZ stuff.

loadsa luv

Sal
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:53 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

They just have garage sales here and let someone else take away their unwanted items.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

I guess someone else had taken the shed comparison to NZ houses already, so I won't bother.

Put a fire in the log burner today after church, and now just need to wait for some of the heat to start coming out. Kind of grey today, but not cold, just sort of a chill in the air. It would be ok if out walking, but in the house, just need to warm it a bit.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:48 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
They just have garage sales here and let someone else take away their unwanted items.
or write a grubby sign saying "free" and dump the stuff on the pavement, or just dump the stuff on the pavement - suppose it saves having to pay to recycle it at the dump............
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:14 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=uk+kiwi;4677979]So who will be the first to make a joke about how you'd better not buy a house in NZ then, since they're all (allegedly) sheds?!

That was the first thing i thought when i saw this thread.

I will add i miss the room thoses houses have and the fact you can drive into your garage and get out of your car, mine i got to squeeze out.